White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

I was just looking at Bill James projections on FanGraphs...

They really like Morel and Flowers...apparently. They have Morel at a .339 wOBA and Flowers at a .352.

Quentin's at a .362, Dunn at .383, Lee at .367. Beckham at .338, Rios at .343.

That is one hell of a lineup if this comes into fruition.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Dunn + Lee would be awesome. Give Dunn $12 million per year and Lee $5 million + incentives for one year. I would accept losing AJ if we gain both those. With Morel at third, we would have arguably the top defensive infield in baseball.

You could still sign AJ since we just saved money getting rid of Jenks.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Dunn + Lee would be awesome. Give Dunn $12 million per year and Lee $5 million + incentives for one year. I would accept losing AJ if we gain both those. With Morel at third, we would have arguably the top defensive infield in baseball.

Definitely, so I guess we can live with Quentin's horrible glove in RF.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
I was just looking at Bill James projections on FanGraphs...

They really like Morel and Flowers...apparently. They have Morel at a .339 wOBA and Flowers at a .352.

Quentin's at a .362, Dunn at .383, Lee at .367. Beckham at .338, Rios at .343.

That is one hell of a lineup if this comes into fruition.

Bill James is always super optimistic with his projections for some reason.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
You could still sign AJ since we just saved money getting rid of Jenks.

You're right. I think the Sox will play like they are willing to go with Flowers for leverage purposes. Once AJ sees the market as terrible, he will probably accept a one-year deal wit the Sox for like $3 million or something.

Few thoughts:

- something we lacked last year in my opinion was a strong sinker ball hitter, which was a void left by Thome leaving. Dunn would really help us with this, especially against a team like the Twins if they retain Pavano.

- D. Lee was a player that seemed to get hurt a lot by the wind blowing in a ton at Wrigley the first few months.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Few thoughts:

- something we lacked last year in my opinion was a strong sinker ball hitter, which was a void left by Thome leaving. Dunn would really help us with this, especially against a team like the Twins if they retain Pavano.

- D. Lee was a player that seemed to get hurt a lot by the wind blowing in a ton at Wrigley the first few months.

Which reminds me, why don;t we target a player that rakes in April? We seem to have too many guys that start off cold.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Few thoughts:

maybe had some to do with it, but what I saw was Lee was struggling at the plate last year, however, at a good price I would love to see him with the Sox

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
What's everybody's speculation on Lee based? Have the Sox been linked to him by any media source?

That he won't be all that expensive and he's familiar with the city, as well as his relationship with KW and Ozzie.

I'm sure that this is just the White Sox covering their bases. If some team (Baltimore being the latest) makes Konerko an offer that he can't refuse, Williams needs to have a replacement in hand. It's even possible that he may choose Dunn over Konerko if he can get him for less money and/or years though most of what i have seen for Dunn is for four years. In either case, the Sox need to have some semblance of a 30 HR hitter in their #4 spot in the lineup next season along with improving the rest of the lineup, and it's going to be hard to do both.