White Sox sign 3B Dallas McPherson

chetkincaid

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
The White Sox signed third baseman Dallas McPherson, tweets Baseball America's Matt Eddy. The 30-year-old hit .267/.339/.541 with 22 home runs in 354 plate appearances for Oakland's Triple-A affiliate this year. He hasn't spent significant time in the bigs since '06.

McPherson is 30 already??? Wow.

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Dallas McPherson...the new Josh Kroeger

I don't think that's a fair comparison. McPherson was the #12 prospect in 2005 according Baseball America, while Kroeger never made a top 100 list. Dallas definitely had a significantly higher upside than Josh.

Having said that, I doubt McPherson ever does much with the Sox. I do think this is a smart signing however..can't hurt to have some extra depth, especially when we have holes at 1B and DH.

According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com, the White Sox have signed Dallas McPherson to a minor league contract.

McPherson was once a top prospect in the Angels organization, but recently turned 30 years old and hasn't played in the majors since 2008. He batted .267/.339/.541 with 22 homers and 75 RBI in 318 at-bats with Triple-A Sacramento in the Athletics' organization this past season.

rotoworld