OBAMA/TRUMPCARE MEGATHREAD

Texsox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 9, 2017 -> 08:18 PM)
GOP Struggles to Explain AHCA’s $880 Billion Medicaid Cuts

lol

This bill will put the health of millions of Americans at risk and kill thousands of them a year.

We've got to pray the Senate does the right thing and flips the bird to the bill. Why don't our government officials want to HELP US??? Mr. Brownback?? Others? WTF is this with not helping fellow Americans? Will the Senate do the right thing or not?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2017 -> 04:52 PM)
We've got to pray the Senate does the right thing and flips the bird to the bill. Why don't our government officials want to HELP US??? Mr. Brownback?? Others? WTF is this with not helping fellow Americans? Will the Senate do the right thing or not?

They don't want to help you because people like you didn't feel like it was a big deal that they spent years telling you that poor people should not have health care. Her emails, you know. You had your priorities and they're acting on them, just like you told them to do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2017 -> 10:21 PM)
They don't want to help you because people like you didn't feel like it was a big deal that they spent years telling you that poor people should not have health care. Her emails, you know. You had your priorities and they're acting on them, just like you told them to do.

Not sure I understand your point. I never said I didn't want people with preexisting conditions to not be able to get health care. I never said I wanted people to have to deal with a lifetime cap on health care expenses. It seems to me like the government just wants everybody broke and in bankruptcy. Let's face it, people are getting sicker by the year. Hideous diseases and it's only going to get worse. And the government wants us all broke and without health care so we can just die away. Sad. Bernie did not want this. Cmon Hillary was as bad as Trump in terms of taking care of the rich.

Edited by greg775

Rockraines forgot a big one:

DEATH PANELS!!!

WASHINGTON TECHNOCRATS DECIDING YOUR CARE!!!

AYN RAND/ATLAS SHRUGGED!!!

BENGHAZI!

AT LEAST WE BOMBED THE HECK OUT OF THAT AIRPORT (AND DELAYED SYRIAN PLANES FROM LAUNCHING ATTACKS ON THEIR PEOPLE FOR 18 HOURS), PLUS OBAMA bin Laden WAS A P---Y!!!

Now we'll have "state capitol bureaucrats" deciding to reallocate your health care block grant to their own pet projects.

But at least they're LOCAL choices, right? And they always have their neighbor's welfare in mind, follow the Golden Rule, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 12:00 AM)
Not sure I understand your point. I never said I didn't want people with preexisting conditions to not be able to get health care. I never said I wanted people to have to deal with a lifetime cap on health care expenses. It seems to me like the government just wants everybody broke and in bankruptcy. Let's face it, people are getting sicker by the year. Hideous diseases and it's only going to get worse. And the government wants us all broke and without health care so we can just die away. Sad. Bernie did not want this. Cmon Hillary was as bad as Trump in terms of taking care of the rich.

:lol:

I'm not sure Leona Helmsley and FRED Trump could be much worse in terms of taking care of the poor, huddled masses than Donald Trump so far.

Clinton was a typical "mend but don't end government" Democrat with a hawkish take on foreign policy and pretty much Democratic Party boilerplate on economic issues (see did flip flop on the TPP when the pressure became too great).

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 12:00 AM)

No, you just didn't care enough when we were screaming at you to pay attention to policy matters to let it affect your vote. So yeah, you had bigger priorities and you said "Yeah, I'm ok with all these things happening" when you made your vote. Congrats.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2017 -> 05:18 PM)
No, you just didn't care enough when we were screaming at you to pay attention to policy matters to let it affect your vote. So yeah, you had bigger priorities and you said "Yeah, I'm ok with all these things happening" when you made your vote. Congrats.

Who they hell did you want me to vote for? Hillary? Cmon.

Trump? Cmon. So I wrote somebody in. That's my right as an American too if they give me these kind of candidates. My selection would have a good health care plan. I will take a lie detector test to prove myself if that's what you all want. You pay for the test and I get 1,000 dollars if I pass the test.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)

Trump? Cmon. So I wrote somebody in. That's my right as an American too if they give me these kind of candidates. My selection would have a good health care plan. I will take a lie detector test to prove myself if that's what you all want. You pay for the test and I get 1,000 dollars if I pass the test.

No one is denying that you have the right to make stupid decisions.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)

You just said you were ok with having this health plan - you had other priorities. So congratulations. You were ok enough with this to look the other way. It is absolutely your right to look at a person and party who says "If you get sick and aren't rich, you are on your own paying for healthcare" and say you're ok with that because you have other priorities. And you did that. And again just now.

And you should pay for all tests yourself. That's the health care plan you were ok with last November in a nutshell too.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)

Greg, the point Balta is making is that the Republicans and the Democrats have very different policies, particularly on healthcare. If you want the government to mandate that insurance companies cover more and not less (preexisting conditions, no lifetime out of pocket max), then the Democrats are more likely to pass, or maintain, legislation that does that. If you ultimately want universal healthcare, the Democrats are the party that is the closest to that. By voting for Republican candidates, or not voting for either, you are making it more likely that the Republicans will be the party in power. The Republicans have made their stance on healthcare (and taxes for the wealthy) abundantly clear. They think that cutting taxes to the wealthy will create more jobs. They think that government should be out of healthcare entirely. Based on your comments in this thread, you are against both of those policies! But the election was more about personality for you than it was about policy. That is your right as an American! You are right! But when you complain about the policies that the Republicans are pushing (and the policies that have already failed in Kansas) while at the same time attacking Hillary Clinton and parroting Rush Limbaugh - well those things just don't line up.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 10, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
No one is denying that you have the right to make stupid decisions.

I assume you voted for Hillary if you are implying people who elect to choose a write in candidate are stupid. I was not alone in shunning Hillary. She didn't win. Is a better decision to not vote at all?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2017 -> 07:22 PM)
You just said you were ok with having this health plan - you had other priorities. So congratulations. You were ok enough with this to look the other way. It is absolutely your right to look at a person and party who says "If you get sick and aren't rich, you are on your own paying for healthcare" and say you're ok with that because you have other priorities. And you did that. And again just now.

And you should pay for all tests yourself. That's the health care plan you were ok with last November in a nutshell too.

I don't really understand what you are saying so I won't comment.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 10, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
Greg, the point Balta is making is that the Republicans and the Democrats have very different policies, particularly on healthcare. If you want the government to mandate that insurance companies cover more and not less (preexisting conditions, no lifetime out of pocket max), then the Democrats are more likely to pass, or maintain, legislation that does that. If you ultimately want universal healthcare, the Democrats are the party that is the closest to that. By voting for Republican candidates, or not voting for either, you are making it more likely that the Republicans will be the party in power. The Republicans have made their stance on healthcare (and taxes for the wealthy) abundantly clear. They think that cutting taxes to the wealthy will create more jobs. They think that government should be out of healthcare entirely. Based on your comments in this thread, you are against both of those policies! But the election was more about personality for you than it was about policy. That is your right as an American! You are right! But when you complain about the policies that the Republicans are pushing (and the policies that have already failed in Kansas) while at the same time attacking Hillary Clinton and parroting Rush Limbaugh - well those things just don't line up.

Makes sense. I can accept that line of thought.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:31 PM)
Makes sense. I can accept that line of thought.

Remember all those times last year we kept saying at you "What policies of his do you support?" and you never once answered? This was what you were not bothering to look into. So that's where I can come by and say you were ok with it - health care policy wasn't worth you caring about, it wasn't going to decide your vote, you were ok with whatever they did.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2017 -> 07:33 PM)
Remember all those times last year we kept saying at you "What policies of his do you support?" and you never once answered? This was what you were not bothering to look into. So that's where I can come by and say you were ok with it - health care policy wasn't worth you caring about, it wasn't going to decide your vote, you were ok with whatever they did.

You didn't ask me what policies of Bernie I supported. Hey, it's tough when you despise one candidate and can't vote for her.

QUOTE (Tony @ May 10, 2017 -> 07:34 PM)
Except it won't change your line of thinking at all, and you'll be quoting Hannity on this board is 48 hours.

Hey, I still can be in favor of the Senate rejecting the deal and be a Hillary hater and Bernie lover and Republican.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)

What I never understood about trickle down economics and putting more money in the rich's hands is if they are just going to pass this money along to the middle and lower classes, first, why not just give the cut to those classes? If that doesn't work, why would they suddenly start spending more money? They have a lot to spend on workers now that they aren't using. Giving them more isn't the answer. It boggles my mind how non rich people could be republicans. Unless it's a real moderate guy like Kasich, there really is nothing in it for you.

The only trickle down the Trump Corp. ever did was trickle down bankruptcy. Don't pay the workers, take your money out, declare bankruptcy and make the little guy do the same. Then talk about how rich you are and what a genius businessman you are.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
What I never understood about trickle down economics and putting more money in the rich's hands is if they are just going to pass this money along to the middle and lower classes, first, why not just give the cut to those classes? If that doesn't work, why would they suddenly start spending more money? They have a lot to spend on workers now that they aren't using. Giving them more isn't the answer. It boggles my mind how non rich people could be republicans. Unless it's a real moderate guy like Kasich, there really is nothing in it for you.

The only trickle down the Trump Corp. ever did was trickle down bankruptcy. Don't pay the workers, take your money out, declare bankruptcy and make the little guy do the same. Then talk about how rich you are and what a genius businessman you are.

Because they don't actually care about whether or not anything trickles down.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)
You didn't ask me what policies of Bernie I supported. Hey, it's tough when you despise one candidate and can't vote for her.

Hey, I still can be in favor of the Senate rejecting the deal and be a Hillary hater and Bernie lover and Republican.

If you call yourself a Republican, then that means you care about something the Republicans are doing more than this, and you are willing to be ok with this in exchange for whatever that is. Preventing investigations, deporting people who look the wrong way, dismantling climate change regulations, whatever it is - you're ok with this because that is a higher priority to you.

You are allowed to make that choice. And I'm equally allowed to call you on it. The Republican Party has been saying this ever since 2009 - if you aren't wealthy and you get sick with something you can't afford, you don't have the right to make other people pay for your treatment. You should have either been wealthy or not gotten sick, and it's your fault if you can't afford your treatment. If you call yourself a Republican, that has been your party's defining statement for 8 years, and therefore it's a statement you are ok with.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)

Why do you consider yourself a Republican? Why do you like Bernie Sanders? The policies of the Republican party, and the policies of Bernie Sanders are pretty much the exact opposite of one another.

QUOTE (Tony @ May 10, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)
When you don't know what any candidate actually stands for, and said a large reason you weren't voting for Hillary was because of her voice, I'm sure it's pretty easy to hate Hillary, "love" Bernie, call yourself a Republican and support Trump. You live in your own world.

This post is why I continually say you guys beat me. You should be in debate in high school because you know how to take comments out of context and defeat me.

Are you serious? Just because of her voice? How many times did I cite those articles in which she was a major b****/asshole to people? How many times did I cite that I didn't want her coronated? How many times did I cite shady things in her life and the fact she also like Trump was a rich one percenter? Cmon. Sure I don't like her voice but I don't like her just like America who hated her so much they voted in a rich clown like Trump.

How dare you say I didn't vote for Hillary because of her voice. Yes you beat me in a debate format, almost everybody on here does by taking my statements out of contest.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2017 -> 08:43 PM)
If you call yourself a Republican, then that means you care about something the Republicans are doing more than this, and you are willing to be ok with this in exchange for whatever that is. Preventing investigations, deporting people who look the wrong way, dismantling climate change regulations, whatever it is - you're ok with this because that is a higher priority to you.

You are allowed to make that choice. And I'm equally allowed to call you on it. The Republican Party has been saying this ever since 2009 - if you aren't wealthy and you get sick with something you can't afford, you don't have the right to make other people pay for your treatment. You should have either been wealthy or not gotten sick, and it's your fault if you can't afford your treatment. If you call yourself a Republican, that has been your party's defining statement for 8 years, and therefore it's a statement you are ok with.

I guess I could be an Independent. Times are changing in government.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 10, 2017 -> 08:45 PM)
Why do you consider yourself a Republican? Why do you like Bernie Sanders? The policies of the Republican party, and the policies of Bernie Sanders are pretty much the exact opposite of one another.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
This post is why I continually say you guys beat me. You should be in debate in high school because you know how to take comments out of context and defeat me.

Are you serious? Just because of her voice? How many times did I cite those articles in which she was a major b****/asshole to people? How many times did I cite that I didn't want her coronated? How many times did I cite shady things in her life and the fact she also like Trump was a rich one percenter? Cmon. Sure I don't like her voice but I don't like her just like America who hated her so much they voted in a rich clown like Trump.

How dare you say I didn't vote for Hillary because of her voice. Yes you beat me in a debate format, almost everybody on here does by taking my statements out of contest.

You don't like Hillary for being a major b***/a**hole to people. Yet you couldn't be call yourself part of the party that has made this health care bill their number 1 priority. You don't like people being bad to other people but you would not vote against people who were saying that my family should not be able to have health insurance no matter how many times we begged you to pay attention. So yeah, you deserve to have your words aimed back at you. Your priority was feeling good about your vote, and in the process you were an a**shole to anyone who had a preexisting condition. And you were ok with that and still are.

So embrace it. Be proud of your bill and your vote.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2017 -> 08:57 PM)
You don't like Hillary for being a major b***/a**hole to people. Yet you couldn't be call yourself part of the party that has made this health care bill their number 1 priority. You don't like people being bad to other people but you would not vote against people who were saying that my family should not be able to have health insurance no matter how many times we begged you to pay attention. So yeah, you deserve to have your words aimed back at you. Your priority was feeling good about your vote, and in the process you were an a**shole to anyone who had a preexisting condition. And you were ok with that and still are.

So embrace it. Be proud of your bill and your vote.

This is where the board smells blood and defeats me in a debate again. Again, I admit defeat in a debate format.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 01:57 PM)

Ok, I'm going to push this point a bit. What policies of Sanders do you like? What policies of the Republicans do you like?

It's absolutely possible to be an independent. You don't have to be married to one of the parties or the other. But responsible voters should know what they are voting for!