OBAMA/TRUMPCARE MEGATHREAD

Texsox

McCain might be the only way to stop it....Collins and Murkowski? Heller? Johnson? Paul? Lee?

Nobody's even paying attention with all this Scaramucci soap opera. He doesn't even officially have a White House position, and the sale of his investment group to a Chinese consortium for double its value hasn't been approved, well...never mind.

I was snoozing like a baby when this vote came down (GOP intention) and had lost hope. McCain's post-vote speech was s***, but the result works. Hopefully this is the end of repeal, but it's come back from the grave countless times so who the hell really knows. Now onto defending ACA funding which is a whole new battle.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 12:33 AM)
You can all eat crow.

Thank you Senator John McCain.

What crow? All McCain did was reverse his earlier terrible vote while needlessly putting millions at risk. If their attempts at arm-twisting on Murkowski had been successful, this second vote of McCain's wouldn't have mattered.

I mean, I'll take the media fellatio party McCain's going to get out of this if it means the bill is dead, but he only deserves a sliver a credit for doing the right thing for once in his life. The 48 democrats, including one who flew in from Hawaii with stage 4 cancer, who never waivered and considered voting for such a disastrous bill in the first place deserve more credit than The Maverick

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 06:59 AM)
I was snoozing like a baby when this vote came down (GOP intention) and had lost hope. McCain's post-vote speech was s***, but the result works. Hopefully this is the end of repeal, but it's come back from the grave countless times so who the hell really knows. Now onto defending ACA funding which is a whole new battle.

I was too. Maybe now everyone will work together to make health care succeed. Not holding my breath.

ACA sucks because it doesn't help the consumer enough - the costs are still too high, but it's better than the Rep alternatives.

That's one of the compromises that the Dems made to get it passed. The Reps are the one that made it suck.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)
What crow? All McCain did was reverse his earlier terrible vote while needlessly putting millions at risk. If their attempts at arm-twisting on Murkowski had been successful, this second vote of McCain's wouldn't have mattered.

I mean, I'll take the media fellatio party McCain's going to get out of this if it means the bill is dead, but he only deserves a sliver a credit for doing the right thing for once in his life. The 48 democrats, including one who flew in from Hawaii with stage 4 cancer, who never waivered and considered voting for such a disastrous bill in the first place deserve more credit than The Maverick

You know exactly what crow.

Liberals always gotta be pissed about something. Why not celebrate a win for 30 seconds, lord. :lol:

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 08:05 AM)
ACA sucks because it doesn't help the consumer enough - the costs are still too high, but it's better than the Rep alternatives.

That's one of the compromises that the Dems made to get it passed. The Reps are the one that made it suck.

Iirc it sucks by Republican design, they boobytrapped it to get to this point where they theoretically could pass something better. But they didn't

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 08:21 AM)
Iirc it sucks by Republican design, they boobytrapped it to get to this point where they theoretically could pass something better. But they didn't

I dont think passing something better was ever in the cards. They want free market where the wealthy can have healthcare that works and they can continue to get contributions from those people and their companies.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 08:27 AM)
I dont think passing something better was ever in the cards. They want free market where the wealthy can have healthcare that works and they can continue to get contributions from those people and their companies.

"Better" should have been in quotation marks. They want something "better" for them

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 08:21 AM)

Not taking the Medicaid expansion (which was only an option after Roberts rewrote the bill in the first SC case) and then intentionally knee-capping the implementation in deep red states is a big part of the problems with the ACA. With the current administration now deliberately undermining the system by removing all support and awareness for the exchanges and threatening to defund them, it's only going to get worse. We'll see how well the political strategy of "intentionally harming millions of Americans and telling them that you're doing it but trying to blame the other guys for it" actually works out.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)
You know exactly what crow.

Liberals always gotta be pissed about something. Why not celebrate a win for 30 seconds, lord. :lol:

I think thats a misconception. Although its good news this was defeated, its not a "win" in any sense. This is only going to make s*** worse and make the already moronic president even more unhinged. The ACA was a good start but a win would be these spineless reps finally sitting down and working with each other.