OBAMA/TRUMPCARE MEGATHREAD

Texsox

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
So the greatest deal maker of all time couldnt even make a deal with his own party.

Anyone up for a round of golf!

He's different from Obama. He gets things done on the golf course. Obama golfed with his pals and a few world leaders. Trump golfed with the leader of Japan, Tiger, Rory McElroy. Getting things done. Always winning.

The Art of a Deal.

To paraphrase Paul Ryan:

"Doing things is hard."

Wow, they just realized that its way easier to be obstructionist then to actually formulate plans and follow through on them.

As for debt ceiling, again it was easy to posture and "let it blow up" when they could blame Democrats. I have a feeling that theyll work with Democrats to make sure that debt ceiling gets passed.

Who knows, maybe Trump will wake up tomorrow and remember that he was a Democrat.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)
"We're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future"

-Paul Ryan

Oh the horror. Obamacare has never been more popular. I was watching a scholar last night saying people seeing it helps white people and isn't something where the black president was only trying to help black people plays a huge role.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 03:21 PM)
To paraphrase Paul Ryan:

"Doing things is hard."

Wow, they just realized that its way easier to be obstructionist then to actually formulate plans and follow through on them.

As for debt ceiling, again it was easy to posture and "let it blow up" when they could blame Democrats. I have a feeling that theyll work with Democrats to make sure that debt ceiling gets passed.

Who knows, maybe Trump will wake up tomorrow and remember that he was a Democrat.

lmbo he openly admitted that they have no idea how to actually govern

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
Oh the horror. Obamacare has never been more popular. I was watching a scholar last night saying people seeing it helps white people and isn't something where the black president was only trying to help black people plays a huge role.

There are parts that need fixes or adjustments, but the GOP has blocked any such changes for 7 years now and is probably just going to keep sabotaging it.

At the state level, though, there's at least a couple more Republican governments that are investigating expanding Medicaid.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
There are parts that need fixes or adjustments, but the GOP has blocked any such changes for 7 years now and is probably just going to keep sabotaging it.

At the state level, though, there's at least a couple more Republican governments that are investigating expanding Medicaid.

Sure it needs tweaking, although I agree, making sure it fails is probably Trump's best way to save face. So far, Muslim ban, no, Obamacare, repeal and replace, not so fast, border wall being paid by Mexico, Uh no. New trade agreements with several countries, right.

Dealmaker to the stars. He gets things done. He's like....really smart.

Edited by Dick Allen

The Associated Press @AP

BREAKING: President Trump says health care bill fell short in lead-up to House vote because of no support from Democrats.

3:31 PM - 24 Mar 2017

Republicans have a 44-seat margin in the House — largest since 1928. GOP has 4-seat margin in the Senate. And a Republican POTUS.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 03:37 PM)
Republicans have a 44-seat margin in the House — largest since 1928. GOP has 4-seat margin in the Senate. And a Republican POTUS.

Hey its true.

Falcons lost the Super Bowl because those damn Patriots didnt help them!

Trump is just laying it out there that he is now eager for Obamacare to "collapse" and that they're not going to do anything about healthcare at all. He's also trying to spin this as the fault of the Democrats despite Republicans having their largest House margin since 1928.

He's also complaining about "arcane rules" leading to this bill's failure, arcane rules such as "having a majority of the votes" but then again I guess Trump doesn't really see that as necessary.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 03:50 PM)
This shouldn't be the end of this healthcare debate. The Democratic party should continue to work on things like expanding medicaid.

The ultimate goal should still be single payer.

Pelosi mentioned her desire for a public option in her presser. Donnie's practically begging them to come work with him. Send him a bill to introduce single payer and tell him that's your final offer.

C7te7WZW4AI4OXB.jpg

The GOP has no idea how to actually govern. 75% of their caucus have never severed under a Republican President.

Trump also seems pretty gleeful about his expectations that Obamacare will collapse and millions will suffer.

Edited by StrangeSox

Costa's piece about his call with Trump as the bill was pulled is up.

President Trump called my cellphone to say that the health-care bill was dead

edit: wow, he is going 100% with "this is the Democrats' fault and I'm going to let Obamacare implode" "I tried to give the HFC everything they wanted several times, why wouldn't the Democrats come on board??"

Edited by StrangeSox