Phil Rogers Must be on drugs

sin city sox fan

I thought his idea of the Cubs and Sox exchanging GMs was crazy idea, but than I got to this point in the article....

With the GM deal complete, the second step to a new and improved offseason for both Chicago teams is one mind-blowing mother of a trade — specifically, the Cubs sending Carlos Zambrano, Kosuke Fukudome, Jeff Samdardzija, Geovany Soto, Randy Wells and Chris Archer to the White Sox for Jake Peavy, Gavin Floyd, Mark Teahen, Scott Linebrink and Tyler Flowers.

It amazes me some of the crap that the Chicago newspapers allow their writers to publish.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sc-sp...,3389440.column

Without a doubt, Phil is the worst baseball writer in town. Just a garbage article.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
I thought his idea of the Cubs and Sox exchanging GMs was crazy idea, but than I got to this point in the article....

It amazes me some of the crap that the Chicago newspapers allow their writers to publish.

QUOTE (Big Daddy Kool @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Without a doubt, Phil is the worst baseball writer in town. Just a garbage article.

Cowley is the worst writer in town in terms of being a journalist. Rogers is the worst columnist. Cowley knows the game but his articles are so bloated with his assinine commentary they are unreadable, and Rogers is readable but his baseball knowledge is non-existent.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)

It sounds like he went to the Hawk Harrelson school of GMing.

I'd take either Zambrano or Fukudome for Teahen, Pierre, and Linebrink, with cash thrown in by the Cubs if it's Zambrano. But I don't want both of those contracts, and I certainly don't want to give up Gavin Floyd in the process. I would do Phil's deal in a heartbeat though if the choice was either that trade or Jim Hendry as Sox GM.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Cowley is the worst writer in town in terms of being a journalist. Rogers is the worst columnist. Cowley knows the game but his articles are so bloated with his assinine commentary they are unreadable, and Rogers is readable but his baseball knowledge is non-existent.

I can read Cowley's articles. Why do we expect beat writers to not splice their stories with commentary nowadays, when "journalism" is non existent in this era of UNREADABLE fan blogs?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
I can read Cowley's articles. Why do we expect beat writers to not splice their stories with commentary nowadays, when "journalism" is non existent in this era of UNREADABLE fan blogs?

Anyone can read Cowley's articles. They are written at a third grade playground level.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)

isnt that what Cowley's writing is?

You just need to accept the idea that writers are going to write anything that will fill space especially durig the winter. They ae all closet GM's in their minds and what we have to do is just ignore them. But, they will never go away. Have a good laugh and forget about it

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
You just need to accept the idea that writers are going to write anything that will fill space especially durig the winter. They ae all closet GM's in their minds and what we have to do is just ignore them. But, they will never go away. Have a good laugh and forget about it

Why do we have to put up with crappy writers filling space when that space/money could be spent on better writers?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
Why do we have to put up with crappy writers filling space when that space/money could be spent on better writers?

Because they are convinced they know more than the average fan, the newspaper pays them and we read it. I just chose not to read it and thus do not have to put up with them. We know that the informed baseball fan knows as much if not more than these writers do in most cases

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Because they are convinced they know more than the average fan, the newspaper pays them and we read it. I just chose not to read it and thus do not have to put up with them. We know that the informed baseball fan knows as much if not more than these writers do in most cases

It doesn't matter that "They are convinced they knwo more than the average fan", the newspaper is.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)

The most important thing is that he has contacts that the rest of us only dream about.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
The most important thing is that he has contacts that the rest of us only dream about.

Which is of course, the whole point. Doesn't matter how stupid the things he write are, they can't afford to replace him. He scratches people's backs.