Which Starter Would You Try to Deal?

Quin

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starter Would You Try to Deal?

• Mark Buehrle
    • Jake Peavy
    • John Danks
    • Gavin Floyd
    • Edwin Jackson
    • Chris Sale (PTBNL)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
Mid-season 2012? You wouldn't be able to get a bag of peanuts for him if you waited that long. He'd hit FA in 3 months. And Danks is not a top-10 starting pitcher in the AL. More like top-20.

Name 10 better than Danks. After eight, I can't make legitimate claims for any being better than him.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
Name 10 better than Danks. After eight, I can't make legitimate claims for any being better than him.

Sabathia, Price, Felix, Haren, Weaver, Verlander, Lee, Lester, Greinke, Liriano. Then you've got 2nd-tier guys like Brett Anderson, Garza, Gio Gonzalez, Romero, Scherzer, Ervin Santana that are at least comparable, and even our very own healthy Jake Peavy and Gavin Floyd. Don't get me wrong. I like Danks. But I'm not going to overvalue him. Either sign an extension or see ya.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)

Sabathia, Lester, Price, Liriano, Lee (who appears is going to stay in the AL no matter what), Felix, Weaver, and Verlander. I'm assuming those are the 8 you got.

If you consider the NL though too, I'm seeing Johnson, Wainwright, Lincecum, Halladay, Jimenez, Oswalt, Kershaw, Carpenter, Kuroda, and then Santana (due to health), Cain, Hanson, and Hamels are all arguably better than Danks too. I think it's fair to say that Danks isn't elite but instead just a step below.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Sabathia, Lester, Price, Liriano, Lee (who appears is going to stay in the AL no matter what), Felix, Weaver, and Verlander. I'm assuming those are the 8 you got.

If you consider the NL though too, I'm seeing Johnson, Wainwright, Lincecum, Halladay, Jimenez, Oswalt, Kershaw, Carpenter, Kuroda, and then Santana (due to health), Cain, Hanson, and Hamels are all arguably better than Danks too. I think it's fair to say that Danks isn't elite but instead just a step below.

To be fair, he said AL. But even then it's questionable. Adding the elite NL starters and it's not even close.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
To be fair, he said AL. But even then it's questionable. Adding the elite NL starters and it's not even close.

Danks is a #3 or maybe even #4 starter on a World Championship team...if anyone disagrees just look at where he would slot in on the Giants. People talk about the Sox rotation being strong, but they lack top tier starters.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Danks is a #3 or maybe even #4 starter on a World Championship team...if anyone disagrees just look at where he would slot in on the Giants. People talk about the Sox rotation being strong, but they lack top tier starters.

So because he'd be the 3-4 pitcher on a historically great pitching staff, he'd be a 3-4 starter on any World Championship team?

I don't buy that for a second.