Sox claim P Waldis Joaquin off of waivers from SF

knightni

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
A small part of my soul, assuming I have one, dies whenever I hear the phrase " maybe coop can fix 'em?" This guy is a scrub and won't have any impact whatsoever for the Sox.

Don't worry about it, Coop can fix souls too.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Pretty pathetic that we can't develop one f***ing bullpen arm from within. We have to continually trade for or sign failures in hopes that sir coop can fix 'em. Yay.

For having such a pathetic bullpen philosophy, we weren't half bad last year.

Interestingly, I'd much rather have someone else's somewhat-proven bullpen arms than try to bring people up from the minors, since BP arms are so often failed SP arms and low-round draft picks.

EDIT: Additionally, Sergio Santos says hello, as he was completely developed as a pitcher from within.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Pretty pathetic that we can't develop one f***ing bullpen arm from within. We have to continually trade for or sign failures in hopes that sir coop can fix 'em. Yay.

Even worse: we can't develop the position players. I'd goive Morel a shot, but nobody else is even close to being ready to start in the MLB.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
Don't worry about it, Coop can fix souls too.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
You have to admit, the guy gave up NOTHING during his time with us. You can't get much better than that. 0 WHIP 0 ERA...

If M Night M. Night Shyamalan made a film about Waldis Joaquin’s tenure as a White Sox it would be called Untouchable and it would be an awful, awful film.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
If M Night M. Night Shyamalan made a film about Waldis Joaquin’s tenure as a White Sox it would be called Untouchable and it would be an awful, awful film.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
I'm sure it would have a crazy twist ending like "But then he decided not to accept the claim!"

Aw man...

SPOILER TAGS PLEASE!

It'd probably be set in Communist Russia. The plot would revolve around how everyone is controlled by the government and they decide where these people work and what they do, but in the end, it turns out that the people themselves are the government and they choose where they end up.

Oh, and the country is run by a zombie Stalin, and Waldis comes in at the end of the movie and kills him with a spear.