White Sox offer arbitration to Konerko, Putz.

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. National Exposure HAHAHAHA. You're killing me, trying to make this board sound important. Sources outed ahahahahahahah. Sources like the best man at the wedding? Even if KW himself logged on here and told us about a trade it would still be meaningless. It's a public league, absolutely nothing about a message board would ever have any tangible relevance. We're just fans, not Watergate investigators. Nothing personal man, but cmon, you can't act like this board has street cred or that it's above the common fan; it's not, this is the common fan.

Go White Sox.

It seems like we get shunned actually. There was some rumor here that wouldn't get posted on MLBTR. IIRC that was the AGon rumor last year. To this day the brightest SoxTalk inside info moment I've seen is the poster who revealed the Dave Wilder scandal well before anything came out on it. I still miss that guy :( He should come back.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. National Exposure HAHAHAHA. You're killing me, trying to make this board sound important. Sources outed ahahahahahahah. Sources like the best man at the wedding? Even if KW himself logged on here and told us about a trade it would still be meaningless. It's a public league, absolutely nothing about a message board would ever have any tangible relevance. We're just fans, not Watergate investigators. Nothing personal man, but cmon, you can't act like this board has street cred or that it's above the common fan; it's not, this is the common fan.

Go White Sox.

With all due respect... You have no idea what you are talking about. None. Hell less than none. Do a little bit of research, then get back to me.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
It seems like we get shunned actually. There was some rumor here that wouldn't get posted on MLBTR. IIRC that was the AGon rumor last year. To this day the brightest SoxTalk inside info moment I've seen is the poster who revealed the Dave Wilder scandal well before anything came out on it. I still miss that guy :( He should come back.

I guess no one reads Sports Illustrated anymore?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
With all due respect... You have no idea what you are talking about. None. Hell less than none. Do a little bit of research, then get back to me.

PK to the Angels for Agon? Caaamon. Let's let the pride ship sail a bit. The only people who know what's goin on for sure are in KW's war room, not out leaking stories up and down Wentworth. Where else does his under the radar reputation come from?

The participating parties will let the world know when something happens; give me 1 reason why I would wanna listen to anything else? Speculation is always just that, speculation.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
PK to the Angels for Agon? Caaamon. Let's let the pride ship sail a bit. The only people who know what's goin on for sure are in KW's war room, not out leaking stories up and down Wentworth. Where else does his under the radar reputation come from?

The participating parties will let the world know when something happens; give me 1 reason why I would wanna listen to anything else? Speculation is always just that, speculation.

You joined in 2009. Soxtalk was created in 2002. It was also featured in Sports Illustrated for breaking the Roger Clemens story years before the press actually got a hold of it. That is the biggest one. There have been plenty of others. There are plenty of people who give "speculation" on here. If you were to actually pay attention and learn that there are a few people on here who know a little extra, instead of just blasting everything, you might learn something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)

Broken link.

If that's the thread I think you're talking about which says a couple of players were caught roiding in the playoffs, I don't remember it specifically stating Roger as one of them. If that is the article, I would probably discount it.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Broken link.

If that's the thread I think you're talking about which says a couple of players were caught roiding in the playoffs, I don't remember it specifically stating Roger as one of them. If that is the article, I would probably discount it.

Its pretty easy to find. The article was called Anatomy of Rumor and was in Sports Illustrated. It was all about how rumors get spread quickly in the internet age, and talked about a report that Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon were caught juicing long before Clemens was exposed.

I've been here for a while and I can tell you that there's one guy in this thread that I'm absolutely convinced has a damn good source....he's been spot on about a few things. He's never come out and said, "yo, check out this insider info I've got" but he'll drop names of players, etc. very nonchalantly and next thing you know we're in the running for said player. Now that I know he has a PM list for this info, I sure wish I were on it :lolhitting

Okay, so a poster claimed Damon and Clemens were juicers, and then SI found this thread and said the rumor started at SoxTalk and wrote an article about it? How does that validate anything? You could take any two high-profile names in MLB around that period, claim they were juicers, and more often than not you'd probably end up right about it. The thread where the sources were named is broken. Going through the thread I found it seems like it scared the s*** out of the mods here thinking they'd get sued. Doesn't sound like anything I'd even want to bring attention to.

The breaking of the Wilder scandal is still bigger IMO. And from what I've seen of this I wouldn't consider the Clemens thread evidence of anything, although I haven't read the article or the original thread. Maybe I'm just clueless.

Okay, so spataro51 is the source that said Clemens and Damon juiced. Then other sites ran with it after SI drew attention to it. It turned out to be true. How is that evidence of a poster's sources being accurate? I mean I'd believe they were accurate but only if the source turned out to be accurate about something else as well, specifically something a bit less obvious as a high-profile star in his 40's being a roider.

Did spataro51 at any point mention Clemens was a closet pedo who was waiting for a little girl to grow up so he could pork her? Because that part is pretty f***ed up and that would have definitely made me trust that source. If anyone can get a working link or an archived piece of the post you could post it here.

BTW I know I'm being a smelly butthole but that's what I always do. Lo siento.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
I've been here for a while and I can tell you that there's one guy in this thread that I'm absolutely convinced has a damn good source....he's been spot on about a few things. He's never come out and said, "yo, check out this insider info I've got" but he'll drop names of players, etc. very nonchalantly and next thing you know we're in the running for said player. Now that I know he has a PM list for this info, I sure wish I were on it :lolhitting

Who, Rock? I haven't really ever seen him mention names. I don't get why so many people are uptight about posting what information they have or think they have. Why not just post it?

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
It wasn't spataro who was totally responsible for Clemens. There was another poster in the actual thread who said something as well. This is the person, who - I believe - really made SI pay attention because of a name drop.

Steff?

Anyway,when I try to click on anything in that thread, it says it doesn't exist.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 12:56 AM)
How do I do that? I don't know jack s*** about computers/internets. I can't even post videos in threads.

At the top right of every thread:

A white box on the rop right of the thread has Options on it. Then, select Display Modes - Standard.