Juan Uribe Is About To Get Paid...

chetkincaid

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
That does seem a bit high, but there is something to be said for an infielder that can play 2B, SS, & 3B with a 20-homer bat as well. They might regret the deal in 2013, but its not the worst thing in the world for the next two seasons. Good for him.

And Colletti is pretty notorious for liking veterans on his clubs. The signing makes sense.

Uribe plays sparkling defense at 3 positions, has some pop and played a key contributing role on 2 World Champion teams.

Whether the Dodgers get full value or not is yet to be seen, but they are getting a sturdy piece for their team.

Best of luck to Juan...anyone who came through Chicago in 2005 enjoys a special place in my heart.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
Wow with a .248 batting average, to boot.

Well, good for him. I always loved him as a fielder but his batting drove me crazy. He's having a hell of a post-Sox career though.

He had one above average season and one average season, I guess comparatively he has had a good post-Sox career but it's not like he turned into an MVP or even an all-star caliber player.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
He had one above average season and one average season, I guess comparatively he has had a good post-Sox career but it's not like he turned into an MVP or even an all-star caliber player.

He seems to shine in the Postseason. Being on the national stage and winning another title is probably what he meant.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
He seems to shine in the Postseason. Being on the national stage and winning another title is probably what he meant.

Uribe hit .149/.196/.277/.473 in the 2010 postseason. He did fairly well in big spots, hence a positive WPA, but it wasn't anything otherworldly.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Uribe hit .149/.196/.277/.473 in the 2010 postseason. He did fairly well in big spots, hence a positive WPA, but it wasn't anything otherworldly.

Yeah, I remember that being the case...but come on Wite, what do people remember about the Postseason? The big hits, the big defensive plays. Juan has a tendency to get some big hits in the Postseason. He did it for us in 05', and he certainly did it for the Giants last season, including the game winning sac fly in one game and a big home run in another.

They are putting a lot of solace in the fact they know what they are going to get from Uribe. You know what you will get from him defensively, but offensively he is one of the most inconsistent hitters I have ever seen play the game. I hope they are not paying the $7M a year thinking they are going to get 24 HR a year from Uribe, not only was that a career high (his avg is 18), but now hes playing 81 home games in pitcher friendly dodger stadium.