Hunter Pence?

ChiliIrishHammock24

Just brainstorming here, but I wonder if the Astros were to make Pence available, if Kenny would go after him. Pence is a consistent .280+, 25+ HR, 75+ RBI guy who plays pretty good defense and can steal 15-20 bases. And don't quote me on this, but I believe is under team control until 2014. Just read that the Astros are NOT talking contract extensions with him right now, so maybe he would be available. Not sure what the asking price would be, or if Houston would make him available, but at 28 years old when the season starts, I would think they would consider going younger if they could.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
Just brainstorming here, but I wonder if the Astros were to make Pence available, if Kenny would go after him. Pence is a consistent .280+, 25+ HR, 75+ RBI guy who plays pretty good defense and can steal 15-20 bases. And don't quote me on this, but I believe is under team control until 2014. Just read that the Astros are NOT talking contract extensions with him right now, so maybe he would be available. Not sure what the asking price would be, or if Houston would make him available, but at 28 years old when the season starts, I would think they would consider going younger if they could.

He is probably someone the Astros need to trade, much like Arizona is looking to trade Justin Upton, simply to help reload the organization with some young talent. This is probably not something we would be a very good partner for, since we don't have a lot of young talent ourselves.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
He is probably someone the Astros need to trade, much like Arizona is looking to trade Justin Upton, simply to help reload the organization with some young talent. This is probably not something we would be a very good partner for, since we don't have a lot of young talent ourselves.

I wonder what interest they would have in Escobar and Thompson. It would probably cost more than that, and I don't really know their farm system that well (although I am pretty sure it's awful), but I would think they would like to have some young, high ceiling players like that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
I've always loved Pence. The OBP leaves a little to be desired. But he's a fine all-around player otherwise. He'll still be fairly cheap, even with an arb raise coming up. Other than Sale/Danks, there isn't a thing we could offer they wouldn't roll over laughing at.

Scott Linebrink seems like an appropriate offer for Ed Wade.