What's your opinion on psychics

BrenBlackwood

Psychics.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe they exist?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
I have a simple beliefe when it comes to psychics and ghosts... I'll believe it when I see it. If I see a ghost, I'll believe. If I am told something by a psychic that isnt "vague" that comes true, i'll be willing to be open to the possibility that there are psychics.

I've seen it, that's why I believe.

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
I was hoping for a little bit of an elaboration also ..but I didn't wanna push for it! lol

There was a thread a while back talking about people's personal experiences with the paranormal. He may have already told his story in there, but I don't feel like looking for it.

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
Lazy bum!!! :D

One time I was sure there was a ghost in the room. My dog was barking at absolutely nothing. I mean, he was going nuts. I slowly slinked in the direction of his barks and found the culprit. On the kitchen table, there was a Mufasa mug from one of those Disney On Ice things.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
One time I was sure there was a ghost in the room. My dog was barking at absolutely nothing. I mean, he was going nuts. I slowly slinked in the direction of his barks and found the culprit. On the kitchen table, there was a Mufasa mug from one of those Disney On Ice things.

HAHAHAHAHA :lolhitting

Somehow I don't think your dog would have been quite as bouty had he been face to face with a real Mufasa!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for a late reply:

I believe there's people out there with psychist abilities. However, I don't think world-famous people like Ms. Cleo or Chris Edwards are real, I think they're scammers like a lot of other people in this thread think.

I think psychist abilities happen spontaneously at random moments, I don't think people with psychist abilities can instantly see the future and, like, win the lottery or anything like that, because I don't think that's the way it works.

The reason why I think this is because I've had a couple times in my own life where I had unexplained "moments of clarity" that comes in the form of "photographs in my head" that's either dark images of dead people or photographic images of living people. It's hard to explain, because it just comes to me and it gives me goosebumps when the "photographs in my head" becomes reality later on or it's answered when I find out something or a place was owned by a dead person. I know a lot of skeptics will never believe me, but I really do have some extra-sensory perception. I'm NOT, however, saying I'm a psychist.

Here's some events that happened in my life when I had unexplainable images pop in my head, especially since I had no prior knowledge of it.

*Incident 1 "Mom's Childhood House": Earliest time I remember was when I was about 5 years old. When my mom told me she was gonna drive me the next day to her old neighborhood in Chicago to show me the house she grew up in, I had an image pop in my head of me looking at the house with dark eyes looking out at me from the upstairs right window. I was 5 at this time and it made me scared to go see my mom's old house, I even told my mom why and explained everything and it freaked her out. It wasn't until a couple years later that she told me why it freaked her out, because the location of the window I described, in a house I never saw before but just described from a vision-like image, was the bedroom window of my mom's dead brother, who's spirit haunted the house according to multiple relatives who have no reason to lie about it.

* Incident 2 "the Classmate": The 2nd earliest time I remember having any images pop to my head was before the start of 3rd grade when my mom took me to school to find out who my new 3rd grade teacher was gonna be for the upcoming school year. There was also a list of student names that was gonna be in my class, and I noticed a new name on the list of a kid that just moved into the neighborhood that I never met before or seen before. As I stared at the new kid's name on the list, an image suddenly popped in my head of a kid, and when I met the new kid in person weeks later he turned out to look exactly how I saw him in the mental photograph. What gave me even more goosebumps is that the image I saw of him turned out to be his 3rd grade class picture, which he took months AFTER I met him.

* Incident 3 "the Couch": My family and I moved into a new townhome in 2005 and it came with two old blue couches in the living room upstairs. I always had an uneasy feeling about the couches, especially the smaller couch at night time. What really bothered me was an image that came to me in my head of a silhouette of a little old lady sitting on the middle of the small couch in front of the window in the dark. A few days after we moved in, we finally brought our dog over from my grandparents house. We kept her at my grandparents because we were living with them for a while before we found a place to move to. Anyway, when we broughtt he dog over she refused to ever go in the living room upstairs for the first couple weeks, we all thought this was strange and it was freaking my mom out. After a few weeks, the dog started going upstairs, but she kept barking at the small couch I had the mental image of an old lady sitting in the dark. I was still feeling freaked out, so I told my mom about the image I saw, and my mom's eyes bugged out and she looked at me with shock in her face. It turned out that she didn't want to tell me or my sister that there was an old lady that lived in the townhome before us, and she was found dead on one of the couches.

* Incident 4 "Mom at Blinds": This happened about 2 years ago. I was sitting on a couch downstairs in the living room around 7pm while watching a Sox game. It was starting to get dark out and I was drifting asleep on the couch in the family room that was getting darker and darker because there was no lights on. I drifted asleep and all the sudden I had an image pop in my head of my mom closing the blinds in the family room with the lights on. All the sudden, I noticed the lights just flipped on through my eyelids and I realized I was dreaming, and I opened my eyes to see my mom closing the blinds the exact same way I saw her just seconds earlier in a photographic image in my head.

* Incident 5 "Reading Glasses": This is the most recent thing that happened to me, and the least exciting: I was at work and I noticed a pair of reading glasses sitting on the counter. For some reason I stared at it, wondering who it belonged to, because I never saw it before. I picked the glasses up, and after looking at it some more, an image of my co-worker popped in my head. After the image of my co-worker popped in my head, I took the glasses to her and asked her if they were hers. It turned out they were hers.

All 5 of the incidents I described really did happen in my life. I know there will be a lot of doubters and skeptics trying to come up with whatever rational scientific ways to explain what I personally went through. But honestly, it can't be explained. Even I can't explain it. The best I can explain it is that it's random photographic images that pop up in my head and they turn out to be true. They also happen spontaneously and I can't "make it happen" no matter how hard I tried.

I can kind of compare it to how spontaneous Miles' gift with talking to the dead is in the tv show "Lost".

I'm not saying I'm a psychist, because I'm not. And I cannot communicate with the dead or anything like that. But I do have some weird extra-sensitivity to whatever it is that I can pick up on when I'm in a really relaxed state in the form of photographs in my head. Whatever it is, or why it happens to me, I have no clue.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
Expound.

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
I was hoping for a little bit of an elaboration also ..but I didn't wanna push for it! lol

I don't like talking about it because I'll be the first to admit that it sounds crazy and like it could be some Hollywood movie, but we found this guy who was declared clinically dead on a very important religious holiday a few years back and then came back to life. He believes to be on a mission from God. The things he knew about my mom and sister were shocking. Without ever having met/talked to them before, he knew things about where they were born, random facts about their childhood and a ton of other things. It was incredible. Brought my entire family to tears. He's traveled all around the world and literally lives in monasteries and churches. He's met with my family twice and I still have a hard time fathoming it.

I'm a firm believer. And it actually kind of upsets me when people write things off like that. There's so much about the capabilities of a human brain that we don't know about. s***, I still freak out when deja vu occurs with me.