Tree up?

Texsox

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is your Christmas Tree up and decorated?

• Yes
    • No
    • No tree
    • Stringing the holiday bacon

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
So, we have a pre-lite tree that goes together in three parts.... the top third wont light up... D'OH!!

“I'll take it home to my workshop, my dear. I’ll fix it up there. Then I’ll bring it back here.”

Grinch.jpg

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
So, we have a pre-lite tree that goes together in three parts.... the top third wont light up... D'OH!!

We had a tree just like that. We finally ended up taking all the lights off of it.

Having a pre-lit tree sounds nice at first...

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
We had a tree just like that. We finally ended up taking all the lights off of it.

Lucky we had bought lights to put in our windows last year... but never did. So, we just but those on the tree. It kinda looks funny, but it'll work.

The tree is up. Being pre-lit, all we had to do is the ornaments and garland. The kids are old enough to hang the ornaments, and the wife doesn't like anyone else doing the garland. So, after I assembled the tree, I sat back with my beer and "supervised".

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)

We've had one for about 4 years now, works just fine so far.

Anyways, Cats + Christmas Trees = Most annoying thing in the world.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)

Ugh, ours worked for five years and started going out this year. I spent 4 hours on Saturday night cutting the lights off. Now it's just an artificial tree and I'll manually do lights from here on out.

It beats dropping another hundo on a tree. It looks completely normal once you get rid of the old stuff.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
We've had one for about 4 years now, works just fine so far.

Anyways, Cats + Christmas Trees = Most annoying thing in the world.

Preach.

One of my cats is totally cool about it and will sit under the tree and have a fine time. The other one isn't happy unless ornaments are on the floor and he's nustled somewhere in the upper 2/3.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
FIXED.

Heh, I knew someone would do that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Preach.

One of my cats is totally cool about it and will sit under the tree and have a fine time. The other one isn't happy unless ornaments are on the floor and he's nustled somewhere in the upper 2/3.

Ya, our youngest one(which drives me crazy in general) not only tries to knock everything off the damn tree but decides she also wants to climb the damn thing and sit in the middle of it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Heh, I knew someone would do that.

Ya, our youngest one(which drives me crazy in general) not only tries to knock everything off the damn tree but decides she also wants to climb the damn thing and sit in the middle of it.

Wait until you have kids...

We have five cats who are Christmas tree veterans and one kitten who will go crazy on the tree once we get it up. Yes, I am secretly an old crazy cat lady.

My wife and I have gotten real trees since the first year we started dating in 1992, and we have religiously cut a bit of stump off of each one and written the year on each and made ornaments out of them. They are hands-down my favorite ornaments ever.