A.J. not close to signing with Blue Jays

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
Give me a break, knight. Prorated to equal ABs? AJ > Castro

What? The man equaled HRs and got almost half of the RBIs and had a higher runners thrown out % in 1/4 of the at bats last year.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
The question is, at what cost? Especially if you can platoon Castro.

I don't want to overpay AJ. But I sure as hell don't want Castro as our primary catcher.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
What? The man equaled HRs and got almost half of the RBIs and had a higher runners thrown out % in 1/4 of the at bats last year.

You should know how flawed a stat RBI can be. And AJ's defense wasn't a problem last year. Ramon Castro is not an everyday catcher.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
I don't want to overpay AJ. But I sure as hell don't want Castro as our primary catcher.

You should know how flawed a stat RBI can be. And AJ's defense wasn't a problem last year. Ramon Castro is not an everyday catcher.

Platoon

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)

As a platoon #1 guy, he's as good of an option in a platoon as AJ at a fraction of the price.

I'll stand by that statement through the '11 season if AJ leaves and Ozzie goes with that scenario.

I can see .260 14 HR 45 RBI 30% thrown out in less than 350 AB - conservatively.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
No Flowers and No Castro please (unless it's a bench catcher). I rather have Olivo, whether our pitchers like him or not. And keep in mind, only Buehrle remains from that rotation who supposedly disliked him.

Why? Do you have anything other than your opinion do back up your statement? What has he done or not done as a catcher to not deserve a chance to play more?

http://www.csnchicago.com/12/02/10/Dunn-de...&feedID=661

Williams would like to bring A.J. Pierzynski back as well, but he’s got some competition. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Pierzynski is close to signing with the Toronto Blue Jays. Reaching him by phone on Thursday night, A.J. first laughed at the report, and then responded with “no comment.”

Draw your own conclusions.

With Dunn on board I want to see the Sox get Lee/Pena and AJ with PK's money instead of just PK, because that leaves the almost certain undesirable of trading a SP on the horizon, along with the potential horror of anything Tyler Flowers related at the MLB level.

Also, Kenny needs to be on the phone to every GM out there trying to find out if someone will take on Pierre's deal. If that can't be done I'd like to see a deal with the Cubs where we pick up Fukudome ($13.5M) for Pierre ($8.5M) + Linebrink ($5.5M) while keeping the Dodgers cash ($3.5M) for ourselves. This is then a mostly even salary swap, but it clears Linebrink's ass out and gets us a RF so that if Quentin is back he can shift back to left.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

A.J. Pierzynski-C-White Sox Dec. 2 - 10:21 pm et

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the White Sox have agreed a two-year contract with catcher A.J. Pierzynski.

Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter

per rotoworld

damn, beat me to it..

Edited by sayitaintso