SP Peavy $16M

RP Sale $0.45M (approx)

RP Linebrink $5.5M

RP Thornton $3M

RP Pena $1.8-2M (approx)

RP Infante $0.45M (approx)

RP Santos $0.45M (approx)

Total = $113.55M - $114.25M

The estimates should all be very close to what they end up being, maybe a mil or so +/-. But this is pretty much exactly where we are.

Now there's this: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...ws&c_id=cws

Williams presented two budgetary plans to White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf at the start of the offseason. One had the team moving toward youth, trading veterans to acquire high-end young players. The second had the White Sox adding impact veterans to the existing core. Apparently, the White Sox have gone all in through Plan B, and Williams said there's room for Konerko and Dunn, along with a potential bullpen addition, without trading anyone.

That means we'd be looking at around a $130M payroll. Yeah, you heard that right, a $130M payroll. Somebody is either lying or smoking crack, right? Or can this really be true? Is JR going to actually do this? Seriously? Like, really?

I can't believe this. But I really, really want to.

Hasn't KW been rumored to be after Rafael Soriano? He'd be a great addition and with Sale, our bullpen would be pretty strong and as long as KW is back, the lineup would be as close to complete as possible without breaking the bank to get a new LF.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 02:41 AM)
Hasn't KW been rumored to be after Rafael Soriano? He'd be a great addition and with Sale, our bullpen would be pretty strong and as long as KW is back, the lineup would be as close to complete as possible without breaking the bank to get a new LF.

Soriano would be a brutal addition at the money he will command. I've learned over the last few years that overpaying for relievers, even closers, is a recipe for disaster.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
Soriano would be a brutal addition at the money he will command. I've learned over the last few years that overpaying for relievers, even closers, is a recipe for disaster.

Just realized he's a type A, no thank you.

The bullpen addition should be Putz-provided he's healthy. Other teams might be leery of his injury concerns. Putz also respected how the sox handled him coming back from his injury by not overusing him as a 1 year rental. That should carry some weight all things being equal.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 04:46 AM)
Looks like Reinsdorf is going all in this year and I love it.

Since we have the pitching staff we do, JR may be willing to "break the bank" for one or two seasons and go for it. Of course if we do and fail, we could be heading into a major youth movement aftwerwards. We all know baseball is JR's passion. Maybe the allure of another WS title is enough for him to open the checkbook for a couple seasons.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 02:29 AM)
Cliff Lee for long man out of the bullpen.

IMO

Danks + Buerhle to Texas for Holland + Borbon + prospects

Dump Pierre for nothing, send the Dodgers cash with him

Sign Lee away from the Yankees

Danks + Mark + Pierre = $25M

Lee + Holland + Borbon = $24M

Never going to happen, but with this kind of payroll it would actually be doable.

Playoff rotation:

Lee Gm 1

Peavy Gm 2

Floyd Gm 3

Jackson Gm 4 (this is especially hilarious because he may actually have the most dominant stuff on the staff, and he's 4th)

Holland = emergency starter/third lefty in the pen behind Thornton and Sale

We'd win everything.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
It's the 23rd pick, and the Rays would get that one since Soriano has a higher Elias ranking. Nats would get our 2nd round pick.

Wherever it goes...our first round pick is already gone. If we signed Soriano now...all we'd lose is the 2nd round pick.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 07:14 AM)
Maybe his doctor told him he's got a year to live and he just said f*** it.

Laughed when I saw this, but at the same time, on the serious side, you brought up a great point! You wonder if that is crossing his mind to some extent?

Not sure how old he is, but if you keep waiting in life to live out your passions, you have to go "ALL IN" before your time and opportunities run out. Not sure how his health is, but at his age, you wonder how much more waiting he can deal with.

Regardless how much he spends, he and his family will still live comfortably, so I agree, why not totally jump in for 2 more years?

If we make it...Great! If not, at least he can look back and have no "What If's!!!" Jerry wants another W.S.

It makes me wonder that if he realized that the only way it will have the best chance to come is to unload the bank? esprcially with Minny and Det breathing on our necks! if that's the case...........I will be reading Soxtalk like crazy for updates when the winter meetings start. If we're "ALL IN" then what does next week bring in? It's not baseball season yet, but this has the makings for a possible best ever enjoyable hot stove season.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 07:18 AM)
IMO

Danks + Buerhle to Texas for Holland + Borbon + prospects

Dump Pierre for nothing, send the Dodgers cash with him

Sign Lee away from the Yankees

Danks + Mark + Pierre = $25M

Lee + Holland + Borbon = $24M

Never going to happen, but with this kind of payroll it would actually be doable.

Playoff rotation:

Lee Gm 1

Peavy Gm 2

Floyd Gm 3

Jackson Gm 4 (this is especially hilarious because he may actually have the most dominant stuff on the staff, and he's 4th)

Holland = emergency starter/third lefty in the pen behind Thornton and Sale

We'd win everything.

You really seem to have an obsession with Borbon, lol.

I guess that's better than the other man crush someone has on G. Parra of the D-Backs. Or G. Blanco.

I can't imagine having Lee and a healthy Peavy in the same rotation. I also can't imagine trading Danks and Buehrle in the same move...unless the Rangers are suddenly swimming in cash, they would never even consider that one.

One thing would be for sure, it would be the final change of guard with Jenks/Buehrle/Paulie gone and amazingly a catcher as the only one hanging on 6 years later from that World Series roster.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 09:03 AM)
Laughed when I saw this, but at the same time, on the serious side, you brought up a great point! You wonder if that is crossing his mind to some extent?

Not sure how old he is, but if you keep waiting in life to live out your passions, you have to go "ALL IN" before your time and opportunities run out. Not sure how his health is, but at his age, you wonder how much more waiting he can deal with.

Regardless how much he spends, he and his family will still live comfortably, so I agree, why not totally jump in for 2 more years?

If we make it...Great! If not, at least he can look back and have no "What If's!!!" Jerry wants another W.S.

It makes me wonder that if he realized that the only way it will have the best chance to come is to unload the bank? esprcially with Minny and Det breathing on our necks! if that's the case...........I will be reading Soxtalk like crazy for updates when the winter meetings start. If we're "ALL IN" then what does next week bring in? It's not baseball season yet, but this has the makings for a possible best ever enjoyable hot stove season.

Or a very boring one.

It could be simply Konerko/Lee/Pena OR sticking Viciedo/Teahen out there...

Looking for one or two "undervalued" bullpen arms for bounceback years like Politte/Hermanson

Trying to package Morel/Flowers/Viciedo/Quentin and Danks/Floyd/Jackson for am impact 3B/DH/RF...while they're throwing money around, they might as well overpay for Adrian Beltre and really go "all in."

Then the ongoing dumping of Teahen/Linebrink/Pierre conversations as well.

Edited by caulfield12