Adam Dunn!

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 04:49 AM)
I'm stoked! And a little drunk. So bear with me. I've loved this guy since '03. He's one of those guys that you know will K a lot, but when he connects? Good god! It's like we're getting the '06 version of Jim Thome for the next 4 years. Thank you, Kenny/Jerry!

I love the move but Adam Dunn wishes he was the hitter Thome was in 06. He has never had a season at the plate of that caliber. But hopefully fans appreciate him more than they did Thome. It is sad that Thome doesn't get more credit for being productive as he was with the Sox.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 03:54 AM)
I love the move but Adam Dunn wishes he was the hitter Thome was in 06. He has never had a season at the plate of that caliber. But hopefully fans appreciate him more than they did Thome. It is sad that Thome doesn't get more credit for being productive as he was with the Sox.

I wouldn't sell him short. Especially if Ozzie is smart and uses him as the full time DH in our ballpark. But a .900+ OPS is a virtual certainty. I love this signing.

Edited by Jordan4life

"No, Dunn is a game-changer, as close to a sure thing as there is. At 31, he's in his prime. He's missed just 26 games since 2003. Since 2004, the man has played in more games than any other major-leaguer this side of Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki. "

Hell f***ing yes! I had no idea Dunn was this reliable. 26 games in 7 seasons?! Wow! Less than 4 games a year he misses! This signing is AMAZING! I f***ING LOVE YOU KENNY!

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 04:23 AM)
"No, Dunn is a game-changer, as close to a sure thing as there is. At 31, he's in his prime. He's missed just 26 games since 2003. Since 2004, the man has played in more games than any other major-leaguer this side of Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki. "

Hell f***ing yes! I had no idea Dunn was this reliable. 26 games in 7 seasons?! Wow! Less than 4 games a year he misses! This signing is AMAZING! I f***ING LOVE YOU KENNY!

Ozzie will still give him once a week off. I hope it pisses off Dunn and Ozzie gets called out.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 03:54 AM)

FWIW, Thome wasn't as good of a hitter (BA wise) when he was in the NL East but was pretty damn good in the AL for most of his career. Hopefully it's not just optimism