Need a little Christmas now

For we need a little music

Need a little laughter

Need a little singing

Ringing through the rafter

And we need a little snappy

"Happy ever after"

Need a little Christmas now :headbang

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
I think he will be solid. I don't think he's worth what the Sox were paying him and he didn't really fit our roll since we need more regularly consistent set-up guys. Since as of now we essentially have Santos and Thorty (thorty is a rock if healthy, but Santos is still very raw). I might be missing someone, but Sale is our 5th starter currently.

I still think KW is flat out lying when he says Peavy won't be ready for opening day.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
Well if it is a straight up salary dump and we're not kicking in any cash then the payroll is down to $93.05M. The dumping of Jenks and Linebrink the past 2 days basically paid for Adam Dunn's 2011 salary (assuming it's $14M).

Sounds like we gave Atlanta some cash.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
In the current situation, Teahen could be pretty valuable. Its nice having a guy like him who you can go to in a pinch at multiple positions. I wish he didn't make quite as much as he did, but there is some value in that flexibility. Plus if Morel struggles at third you at least have another option instead of just using Omar Vizquel full time (or Viciedo), not that I want Teahen to be a regular at 3B.

Omar is a zillion times better in the IF and Jones at worst probably costs half what Teahen makes. Dumping that piece of garbage and replacing him with Jones, then getting out of that 2012 commitment with some extra cash in our pockets makes us a better baseball team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Teahen is overpaid for his job...but being able to be a backup IF and backup OF in a pinch is really useful for that 4th guy off the bench. It makes no sense to dump Teahen if we have to send salary along with him.

Over the past three seasons, Teahen has been worse than replacement level. Except Teahen doesn't make the league minimum, he's being paid $10M over the next two seasons. It makes complete sense to dump him for any salary relief when his production can be replaced quite easily.

Teahen's mentioned a few times that he's happy as long as he plays. He's not going to be playing much here, and I have to think there was some agreement about playing time between him and Kenny when the extension was signed. I think he gets traded for sure if only to give him a chance to play everyday somewhere else.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
I still think KW is flat out lying when he says Peavy won't be ready for opening day.

What value is there in him lying about that? Does he feel it gives him more leverage? And if so, how?

Unless you feel that he wants to move one of our starters and he can say, hey, I don't want to trade starter X and can't trade him because Peavy won't be back, so you need to blow me away?

But I don't really think many GM's are going to fall for that. Ultimately, when it comes to any trade you need to determine if the other team is going to give you what you consider appropriate value and vice versa.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Omar is a zillion times better in the IF and Jones at worst probably costs half what Teahen makes. Dumping that piece of garbage and replacing him with Jones, then getting out of that 2012 commitment with some extra cash in our pockets makes us a better baseball team.

With all the caveats possible, Jones was worth about $4 million in 2009 and $7 million in 2010 according to fangraphs. Some team with a OF platoon-type weakness ought to be giving him $4 million or so. I think he's actually an ideal fit for the Twins if they move Kubel and keep Thome.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)

I don't know if you are just going to be able to dump him, but I could be wrong. If it takes 6M to remove him, than I don't know if I agree with that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
What value is there in him lying about that? Does he feel it gives him more leverage? And if so, how?

Unless you feel that he wants to move one of our starters and he can say, hey, I don't want to trade starter X and can't trade him because Peavy won't be back, so you need to blow me away?

But I don't really think many GM's are going to fall for that. Ultimately, when it comes to any trade you need to determine if the other team is going to give you what you consider appropriate value and vice versa.

Whether or not GM's fall for that, I think that's exactly what Kenny is doing.

Otherwise...why would he have come out and said anything at all? There's no benefit to coming out and saying that Peavy won't be ready for April if he's not going to be ready, it puts us in a worse negotiating position in other ways, because teams will know that the Sox will be in the market for a 6th-starter type.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
A Major Leauge source said the #Braves will receive $1.5 million from the White Sox to help account for Linebrink's $5.5 mil. salary.

According to @mlbbowman

Sounds great to me. That more than pays for AJ this season. Good work KW, whats next?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
*Kenny's phone ringing*

Kenny: Ken Williams here...uh huh.... WHAT?

*puts phone down, looks around the room all crazy*

Kenny: Yeah, wait... like, you said Linebrink, right?...Yahuh....k, hang on a second...

*presses the hold button*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

*picks the phone back up*

Kenny: You there? Sure, we can do that...

I loled...

If anyone ever says anything bad about my GM again, I'm going to hit them with a dragon punch from Street Fighter.