Paul Konerko Re-Signs with White Sox

ozzfest

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
Haha, I love it! I honestly think Viciedo will not be in the Sox organization when January comes around.

Where on earth would you get that idea? If 14 doesn't re-up, then they're going to be even more desperate for a 1b/DH next year.

I guess Kotsay could be available and Dunn could play 1b.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Honestly, I couldn't be happier right now. If PK comes back, then great, he's my favorite Sox player ever. If it's Lee and 1-2 relievers, then that's perfect also.

That's how I am too. Totally indifferent. I'm convinced something we like will be done one way or the other.

Source: "I talked to Paulie last night and he said the Sox were his priority unless they made an offer that disrespected him.'' - Cowley

KW on PK: "I'm still hopeful, but I'm less hopeful now." and "I want the man back, but you don't always get what you want." - Ballantini

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
Where on earth would you get that idea? If 14 doesn't re-up, then they're going to be even more desperate for a 1b/DH next year.

Because we're going to sign a 1b one way or another it appears. I'll agree with Fathom on this one.

I'm still hoping for D.Lee and a reliever or two with the extra money but I surely wont complain if PK is brought back at a reasonable price.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)

Cause we'll sign a 1B to a 2 year deal, and it will be 1B/Dunn over there for the next few seasons. The Sox absolutely do not think Viciedo can play 3b or the outfield, so where exactly is he going to play?

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
Cause we'll sign a 1B to a 2 year deal, and it will be 1B/Dunn over there for the next few seasons. The Sox absolutely do not think Viciedo can play 3b or the outfield, so where exactly is he going to play?

What other 1b has even talked about a 2 year deal? LaRoche? He's coming off a 1 year deal himself.

Everything I've read about Lee has suggested a 1 year deal. Might well be best for him too if people think he's a health risk.

No scenario made Viciedo being traded more likely than Konerko re-signing. Any other guy coming in means that DV has a role right here in 2012, right when he should be here.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
I love Paulie as much as the next guy, but remember at the season's end he was saying how this time it won't necessary be about the money.

Just sayin.

If it's not about the money, then PK needs to quit f***ing about and say that and tell the Sox he's not coming back. If it's not a money issue then what the hell else does he want??

It is kind of sounding like Paulie is using the Sox to drive up his price and get more money out of the Diamondbacks. I don't blame KW for not pissing around with this anymore. Bring on D. Lee and the bullpen arms.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
If it's not about the money, then PK needs to quit f***ing about and say that and tell the Sox he's not coming back. If it's not a money issue then what the hell else does he want??

It's not about the money.

It's about respect.

(in the sports world, Money = respect with the caveat that it's ok to say the latter).

Well its a decision potentially between family and friends. Not exactly something that is an easy decision to make. I think the Sox are trying to put some pressure on Konerko to make up his mind one way or the other.

Konerko could take forever if he thinks both teams are waiting by the phone hoping that he calls.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
What other 1b has even talked about a 2 year deal? LaRoche? He's coming off a 1 year deal himself.

Everything I've read about Lee has suggested a 1 year deal. Might well be best for him too if people think he's a health risk.

No scenario made Viciedo being traded more likely than Konerko re-signing. Any other guy coming in means that DV has a role right here in 2012, right when he should be here.

Let's wait to see how it plays out, but I'd be surprised if the Sox didn't at least sign someone to two years.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
more...

"....thing that impressed me the most about Dunn was how excited he was to be on the white sox...."

Dunn's radio interviews on Friday were amazing. He said as soon as he heard Sox were interested, he told his agent to get something done. I truly feel like he had his heart set on playing for either the Cubs or Sox, and once Cubs weren't interested, it was a slam dunk.