Boston DOES Acquire Gonzalez

Real

Read this on another forum

One of my best friends and co-workers was Casey Kelly's high school tutor and when I told her about him being the centerpiece in a trade for a really good player, she said, "Well he still reads at a fourth-grade reading level so he better hope this baseball thing works."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)

One of my best friends and co-workers was Casey Kelly's high school tutor and when I told her about him being the centerpiece in a trade for a really good player, she said, "Well he still reads at a fourth-grade reading level so he better hope this baseball thing works."

I just read the White Sox were the runners up to get Gonzalez, having offered Gordon Beckham and Prospects per MLB Trade Rumors. Do you think they did this even after acquiring Dunn and were going for him instead of Konerko? And where the heck would they come up w/ that kind of money to sign him?

QUOTE (Special K @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
I just read the White Sox were the runners up to get Gonzalez, having offered Gordon Beckham and Prospects per MLB Trade Rumors. Do you think they did this even after acquiring Dunn and were going for him instead of Konerko? And where the heck would they come up w/ that kind of money to sign him?

I think its total BULLs*** to be completely honest.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)

Well that if that doesn't work out, he can always manage the Sox...

QUOTE (Special K @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)

You'd have to assume that if Gonzalez had come, Dunn and Konerko would be playing elsewhere. I guess we coulda signed one of them on a frontloaded deal since Gonzo is only making $6 mil this season but I think the plan woulda been Gonzalez at first, Dayan or Quentin at DH.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
You'd have to assume that if Gonzalez had come, Dunn and Konerko would be playing elsewhere. I guess we coulda signed one of them on a frontloaded deal since Gonzo is only making $6 mil this season but I think the plan woulda been Gonzalez at first, Dayan or Quentin at DH.

So what doesnt match up there? We know Konerko and his teammates were hearing he was a priority before any of this went down. KW was also negotiating with Dunn as soon as he possibly can because he was plan A.

So where does A-gon fit in?

My guess: Nowhere. Completely fabricated story.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
So what doesnt match up there? We know Konerko and his teammates were hearing he was a priority before any of this went down. KW was also negotiating with Dunn as soon as he possibly can because he was plan A.

So where does A-gon fit in?

My guess: Nowhere. Completely fabricated story.

You are some kind of sorcerer.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
This deal is probably good news for the Cardinals. The two teams that can offer Pujols the most money now have 1st basemen locked up for the next 6 or 7 years. I doubt they would let him go anyway, but it definitely helps them.

I don't think the Cardinals are going to let Pujols hit free agency anyways.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
Jon Heyman SI_JonHeyman

#chisox dangled beckham for a-gon. Was talk deal could expand to include floyd. But chi didn't favor big quick ext for adrian

wow, love A-gon, but if you made that deal, even without Floyd involved, I would have wanted the extension done, A-Gon was an all in long term move IMO

Edited by SoxFan562004