Winter Meeting Buzz

Frank_Thomas

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
How much of Adam Dunn at 1b did you honestly watch last year?

All the games against the Sox and most against the Cubs. He looked pretty bad - very awkward/clumsy and missed some easy throws that weren't charged to him as errors. And in previous years I remember him being embarassingly bad wherever he played on defense.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posted this in the MLB offseason thread, but makes more sense here... Heyman said Lee now has 2 seven year offers and NYY and Rangers weren't expected to go beyond 6... he has it tagged as "doublemysteryteams" or something of that ilk.

totally left field, but how much revenue did Twins add with new stadium, any chance they are in on this?

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
The bullpen panic is funny to me. We have 3 legitimate relief options in Thornton, Santos, and Pena, and a 4th in Sale. Yet people are saying we have 1 reliever.

Well, I can find objections to 3 of those. Santos is still something of a newbie at this, as is Sale, and Pena has been below average.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Well, I can find objections to 3 of those. Santos is still something of a newbie at this, as is Sale, and Pena has been below average.

Santos did quite well for a newbie, and another off-season and ST as a reliever can't hurt. Sale was awesome and there's a reason he went so high in the draft. Pena was below average overall, but he was HUGE for us in an unexpected long relief role. And there's no denying he has great stuff.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
Santos did quite well for a newbie, and another off-season and ST as a reliever can't hurt. Sale was awesome and there's a reason he went so high in the draft. Pena was below average overall, but he was HUGE for us in an unexpected long relief role. And there's no denying he has great stuff.

If you look at these last 2 posts, you can find reason for optimism and reason for a lot of worry both. If nothing else, hopefully you can see a little why people would be concerned about the bullpen as is; even with everything you've said, there's no sure thing anywhere other than Matt, and Matty's elbow started acting up too much for comfort last year.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
The bullpen panic is funny to me. We have 3 legitimate relief options in Thornton, Santos, and Pena, and a 4th in Sale. Yet people are saying we have 1 reliever.

I'm of the same mindset as you; the market is flooded with decent relief options and potential high upside pick ups. in addition to that we have some back end material in infante, nunez and santos rodriguez and that wavier wire claim from SF. I would like to see the sox go after these relief options out there. Joel Peralta, Andrew Miller, George Sherril, Hideki Okajima, Takashi Saito.

or maybe trade to get bell or broxton.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
Does that mean he has, or has not been linked to Kenny over the past few years? Sorry, I must be slow at this.

Yes it was almost two years ago, Michael Young had requested a trade because the Rangers moved him to 3B.

I believe that was before he was signed to that ludicrous extension. It'd be a salary dump now and I wouldn't bet the Sox are interested anymore.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
If the rangers are trading Chris Davis maybe PK is their [TEX] new forstbasemen. I agree O'Day is sick I would love to have him.

Davis has ran out of shots for that organization. The Rangers trading him means little other then that they're tired of him.