Luke Scott

jasonxctf

wasn't sure where to put this. Did everyone see what Luke Scott said at the Winter Meetings about the President.

Regardless of whatever conspiracy theories you may have, when you're in the public eye (actor, athlete, etc) why would you say this?

Baltimore Orioles outfielder Luke Scott was at baseball's winter meetings on Tuesday and discussed President Barack Obama with David Brown of Yahoo's Big League Stew.

Scott slammed Obama, stating that he does not represent America and that he was not born in the United States.

"He was not born here. That's my belief. I was born here," Scott ranted. "If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go -- within 10 minutes -- to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything. And why? Because he's hiding something."

The 32-year-old went on to say that there is no legal documentation of Obama.

Man am I glad he will not be wearing a White Sox uniform.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Another example of why athletes should talk about sports and um... sports.

You're right. I hope that none of the White Sox ever say anything about their political beliefs. I don't wanna know. I don't want politics to soil my love of the White Sox.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
You're right. I hope that none of the White Sox ever say anything about their political beliefs. I don't wanna know. I don't want politics to soil my love of the White Sox.

Keep god and politics off my baseball field!