Matt Garza available

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
Yeah wow, I don't see why anyone would want Wood at that price.

He's just coming off a 2/$20M or more deal I think. He'll get a lot of money from someone. And truthfully I'd rather have Wood than Soriano. But yeah, it would be scary to give out so much money to a closer. It always is.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Besides the fact that all those trades will never happen, I like the fact that you're just throwing out there a 130 million dollar payroll

Right now figuring in arb we're looking at right around $120M exactly as we stand, and adding a reliever puts us above that. We could be looking at a $130M payroll in total if you go with $123-124M available over the offseason plus another $6-7M held back for potential midseason additions.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Right now figuring in arb we're looking at right around $120M exactly as we stand, and adding a reliever puts us above that. We could be looking at a $130M payroll in total if you go with $123-124M available over the offseason plus another $6-7M held back for potential midseason additions.

I don't think it can be assumed that JR actually authorized a $120 mm payroll, it's been mentioned that KW was given $110 mm. And that possibly could include the midseason additions money, and KW decided to just use it now.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
I don't think it can be assumed that JR actually authorized a $120 mm payroll, it's been mentioned that KW was given $110 mm. And that possibly could include the midseason additions money, and KW decided to just use it now.

We may not be able to an assume a $130M payroll but we can assume a $120M payroll because we already have a $120M payroll. Kenny said we wouldn't have to trade anyone to get Dunn, PK, and potentially a reliever. That means we're at least at $120M and with a reliever that's probably $122M+ depending on who it is. You could be right about Kenny spending the midseason money now though, we don't know that.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
We may not be able to an assume a $130M payroll but we can assume a $120M payroll because we already have a $120M payroll. Kenny said we wouldn't have to trade anyone to get Dunn, PK, and potentially a reliever. That means we're at least at $120M and with a reliever that's probably $122M+ depending on who it is. You could be right about Kenny spending the midseason money now though, we don't know that.

Or KW making sure he's not positioning himself to lse value in a trade because teams know he can't afford his starting staff.