Props To Cowley

Marty34

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
He was all over the Konerko story proving again nobody in the media has better Sox sources than he does.

Yesterday Cowley was all over the radio & Twitter saying that there was no way Konerko signs with the Sox, that ship had sailed, time for Plan B.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
He was all over the Konerko story proving again nobody in the media has better Sox sources than he does.

Dude, he only gets stories when he is being used for negotiations. Today B&B tried to follow up with PK about what Cowley reported yesterday and he really didn't know what they were talking about. And he didn't break the signing today. In fact, Mulley and Hanley were saying the deal was done at the end of their show.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
This thread has to be a joke. Like, a thread titled "let's give props to Kotsay for his 2010 performance" level joke. Cowley has been the least accurate, most all over the board guy we've seen quoted in all of this.

I just vommited

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
If you're reading his work, commenting on him and clicking his page, then he is not only doing his job but succeeding at it.

There's some kind of misconception that his "job" is to correctly predict every FA transaction.

Commenting on his steaming piles of crap is meaningless. Unless you are buying the Sun Times, he is a failure at what he does.

I think if you read my posts youll notice that I correctly predicted that Konerko would be back and that the Sox and they would most likely "split the baby" in terms of money.

I had no inside sources or connections. I was armed with common sense.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
I think if you read my posts youll notice that I correctly predicted that Konerko would be back and that the Sox and him would most likely "split the baby" in terms of money.

I had no inside sources or connections. I was armed with common sense.

And yet Cowley, with his great sources (read: randomly twittering every possibility), got it wrong.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
He's all over every story. He reports that every possible outcome is likely or even inevitable. He's got all sides covered like a blanket.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
And yet Cowley, with his great sources (read: randomly twittering every possibility), got it wrong.

:lolhitting great timing