Multiple Sources: Sox actively shopping Quentin

SoxFan1

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
Not a surprise, but you beat me to it.

Please no Teahen in RF. I'd take my chances with De Aza.

Our outfield speed would be awesome. De Aza batting 9th wouldn't make me too mad. 2nd lead off guy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
Our outfield speed would be awesome. De Aza batting 9th wouldn't make me too mad. 2nd lead off guy.

Brent Morel and De Aza batting 8th and 9th makes you happy?

Reminds me a bit of the Anderson/Uribe end of the order in 2006, when you might as well just write off the 2 outs. They could be a lot better...but...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm guessing the plan is trade Quentin for bullpen pieces and then re-sign Andruw Jones...

Argh.

Anybody interested in Austin Kearns?

Kearns put up some decent numbers last year for Cleveland before being traded to the Yankees.

I'm sure SoxAce would love the move :)

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
Hopefully we can get 2 really good relievers for Q.

Tony Pena was a really good young reliever. He looked so nasty when the DBacks were in the playoffs, almost certainly the closer of that team for the next several years. Now he's our long man.

Really good relievers aren't necessarily really good. I hop Kenny doesn't do that.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
Tony Pena was a really good young reliever. He looked so nasty when the DBacks were in the playoffs, almost certainly the closer of that team for the next several years. Now he's our long man.

Really good relievers aren't necessarily really good. I hop Kenny doesn't do that.

That's my problem with something like this, I have a huge problem with trading good major league position players and starters or very good prospects for relief pitchers. I'm just not so sure there's more than a handful of relievers who are good from year to year and even they can fall off at any time.

You could pick who you believe to be the 10 best middle relievers/setup men in the game and I'd be willing to bet that at least half of those guys will be ineffective in 2011.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
Per Cowley: Multiple sources confirmed that the Sox are actively looking to trade Quentin for a package w/bullpen help, but "are asking a lot so far.''

I'm not going to react much to any rumor/speculation that comes from Cowley. Now if RockRaines or DocSox posts something about this being in the works maybe my interest will perk up.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
If this means a lot of Mark Teahen and I think it does mean that, then that is simply not good.

I mean if CQ is gone, Teahen will play a ton. I think that's a fact, jack.

If you trade Quentin and then sign Jones, a Teahan / Jones platoon wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
I'm not going to react much to any rumor/speculation that comes from Cowley. Now if RockRaines or DocSox posts something about this being in the works maybe my interest will perk up.

That's true too. We have already had reports about Philadelphia in "advanced" talks about Quentin. That didn't get much play in Chicago. Cowley has to throw something up there in which he can get some credit breaking the story.