Bobby Jenks to the Red Sox

Leonard Washington

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More from the man child:

He misses the routine and friends he left behind, but not everything.

"A lot of the stuff with Ozzie (Guillen) and the front office gets old,'' Jenks said. "It has been a problem for a long time. It was a problem before last year. … It's going to be nice for me to see how things are done here.''

On Oney: "Middle child syndrome,'' Jenks said Thursday. "I guess he needs attention.''

"The Red Sox were the third or fourth team we talked to,'' Jenks said. "When we found out we were going to have an opportunity here, I didn't want to talk to anyone else. … The White Sox did call, but by then it was too late. I don't know if they really wanted me or wanted to tell their fans they tried to keep me.''

Referring to the picture posted, that actually might be baseballs or seeds/dip/gum whatever.

I have not read any of this thread, but I find it telling that no former teammates that don't have the last name of "Guillen" really have not come to the defense of him. Not that it makes Oney's asshat antics any better, but still.

"A lot of the stuff with Ozzie (Guillen) and the front office gets old,'' Jenks said. "It has been a problem for a long time. It was a problem before last year. … It's going to be nice for me to see how things are done here.''

yea and u being a fatass and blowing 3 run saves gets old too :chair

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 06:05 PM)
More from the man child:

I am not surprised at all.

We all have expressed our dissatisfaction with the mouthing off in the organization. For as much Guillen and Co. take the focus off the team at times they put it right back on in different ways. You just hope that Jenks is exaggerating a bit to try to get back at them and not everyone is fed up with it, obviously PK isn't (I hope).

Guillen warns of retaliation at ex-closer Jenks

"If Oney said everything he knows about Bobby Jenks, it wouldn't be a pretty thing," Guillen said in a calm tone after Saturday's workout.

"That's sad because it's coming from him," Guillen said. "That surprises me. Everybody in this organization did a lot of great things for him. Did he pitch good for us? Yes, very, very good. But in the meanwhile, just worry about setting up some games over there. Just worry about Boston, don't worry about the White Sox."

"Too bad that all the stuff we had between me and Kenny interrupted his career because he did a lot of bad things last year," Guillen quipped. "We lied for him, we protected him. I'm the first manager in the history of baseball to give a guy a week off to take care of his kids when his father-in-law was sick. It wasn't even his wife, it even wasn't a (family) member. But it was out of respect I have for his family. I sent him home because he had to babysit his kids because his father-in-law was sick. I don't think any manager is doing that. But coming from him, I expect that."

"We don't miss him," Guillen said. "You ask 30 guys in there. By the way, I was asking for his phone number to talk him to about it, and nobody had his phone number. None of his (former) teammates had his phone number. That you can tell what happened. But (criticism of ) me, that's fine. He wasn't talking about the ballclub, he was talking about Ozzie and Kenny (Williams). I respect that.

"Thank God he wasn't talking about the club. If Bobby was taking about the club, I would have been everywhere on ESPN because I will rip his guts. But he was talking about me. I can take that. Just be careful of what you say about Oney because Oney will say stuff he's not supposed to be saying. That's just a warning for him just in case somebody don't call him. Just stay away and don't name Oney for this because it will be pretty ugly."

Guillen said that Jenks' unreliability because of family issues and health was one of the biggest reasons the Sox finished second in the American League Central last year.

"He showed up once a week to pitch," Guillen said. "We were loyal to him, played him. I was a very bad manager because I kept him as my closer when he couldn't (close). He's got to look himself in the mirror. Too bad. I still love his kids and wife.

Guillen joked that he was keeping a low profile and wanted spring training to run smoothly.

"If that happened two years ago or last year, I can make a book about this kid," Guillen said. "A book, not one page, I can make a book. And I feel bad for him. I feel sad he thinks that way about me. Very sad because he knows I can easily, easily kill this kid in the paper. He's not going to win."

Wow, Ozzie should have just STFU. Oney did enough damage by calling him out a few months ago, and if Ozzie didn't think Jenks was going to say anything in return, then he's very naive. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Jenks has gone back to some of the bad habits that he was involved with. At this point, I just hope he can live a healthy life.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
lol @ Bobby's comment about how the White Sox called him just to show the fans that they tried.

Outside of a few, I don't think anybody wanted Bobby back, especially for $6 million per.

You don't know

if that is true

Sox fans love

Bobby

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
Wow, Ozzie should have just STFU. Oney did enough damage by calling him out a few months ago, and if Ozzie didn't think Jenks was going to say anything in return, then he's very naive. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Jenks has gone back to some of the bad habits that he was involved with. At this point, I just hope he can live a healthy life.

Congratulations fathom.

You've written your yearly post that I agree 100% with.

I should depart this thread before something really bad happens.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
These public pissing matches have to stop. All they're doing is letting both these guys dig bigger holes for themselves.

The only concern I have in any of this really is if Jenks starts going off on the former Sox players and throwing them under the bus for certain things, etc. I don't think anyone ever thought Jenks was 100% sober, etc., so none of this is a shock.