Bobby Jenks to the Red Sox

Leonard Washington

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
I think Ozzie needs to muzzle the kid.

The White Sox cannot continue to have someone with this much personal information about the players spewing it uncontrollably via Twitter. Eventually, it's going to have a major negative affect on the White Sox, including having players refusing to play for Ozzie Guillen because his son can't keep his mouth shut and respect their privacy.

this. A real world organization would be blasting letters from attorneys to him.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
So to sum things up.....

BOBBY TAKE BACK WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY DADDY.

MY DADDY IS THE BESTEST DADDY IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

YOU A POO POO HEAD.

STINKY POO POO HEAD.

MY DADDY IS GREAT, HE INVENTED WATER.

HE TOLD ME HE DID,THATS HOW I KNOW.

YOU SMELL LIKE CHEESE. POO POO HEAD.

I HATE YOU.

I HATE YOU MORE.

YOU HAVE A BIG BUTT. YES A BIG BUTT.

MY DADDY MAKES MORE MONEY THAN YOUR DADDY.

I AM TAKING MY TOYS AND GOING HOME.

I assume you're going to remove your sig?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Not good for Ozzie that his son is telling personal stories about the organization. I have a feeling this is why they wanted him gone. How else would Oney know?

They wanted him gone because he was awful last year and because teams were going to offer him a lot more money.

Behind the scenes they obviously tried to do what they could to help him, but they're not going to tolerate him turning around and ripping him.

This is actually a really interesting and effective use of Oney's twitter, as a method of replying without having it be an official organizational statement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
They wanted him gone because he was awful last year and because teams were going to offer him a lot more money.

Behind the scenes they obviously tried to do what they could to help him, but they're not going to tolerate him turning around and ripping him.

This is actually a really interesting and effective use of Oney's twitter, as a method of replying without having it be an official organizational statement.

I think they wanted him gone because KW couldn't stand him always popping off and his son as well. If any other manager did the same job Ozzie did last year, they wouldn't be selling him to the highest bidder.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Oops, yeah, sorry. I was referring to Ozzie. Jenks was moreso cost vs actual performance.

Exactly. They let Jenks go because he wasn't performing...but there's clearly some deep behind the scenes stuff playing into those decisions, and now, thanks to the miracle of Oney's twitter feed, we're getting it publicly.

They would have kept ignoring Jenks's behind the scenes stuff if he was 39/40 on saves last year with a 1.30 ERA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Here we go...

I wonder what Greg has to say about this. Two of his favorite things to defend are now going at it with each other.

Oney absolutely owned Jenks. This is going to be all over the internetz very soon.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)

No response was even necessary. Bobby expressed disappointment with how he was utilized. That does not require any response from the organization.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
No response was even necessary. Bobby expressed disappointment with how he was utilized. That does not require any response from the organization.

The beauty is...the organization has NOT responded. The guy who was fired from the organization for being a (insert profane word I don't want to type) last year, who happens to know everything behind the scenes because of a relationship with the manager, has responded.

Oney is an embarrassment to the Sox organization. What Jenks said was not noteworthy. Just disappointment at not being with the Sox anymore. Not cool to air Jenks' personal stuff out publicly, and I'd guess he wouldn't say much of what he tweeted to Jenks' face. Daddy should take away his phone. I like Ozzie, and I don't have any problem with the Ozzie/KW dynamic. However, Oney obviously can't be trusted with private info, and, at this point, I'd have no problem if they let Ozzie go. I'm tired of having to defend this crap.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
The beauty is...the organization has NOT responded. The guy who was fired from the organization for being a (insert profane word I don't want to type) last year, who happens to know everything behind the scenes because of a relationship with the manager, has responded.

Not officially, no, but it still does not reflect well on the organization when that sort of information continually becomes public.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
Not officially, no, but it still does not reflect well on the organization when that sort of information continually becomes public.

That and senior Guillen will be answering questions about his dumbass son's comments which will be a touchy situation. Do we really think Oz can get out of an interview involving Oney's comments about Jenks without saying something stupid? Like father like son.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
I think Ozzie needs to muzzle the kid.

The White Sox cannot continue to have someone with this much personal information about the players spewing it uncontrollably via Twitter. Eventually, it's going to have a major negative affect on the White Sox, including having players refusing to play for Ozzie Guillen because his son can't keep his mouth shut and respect their privacy.

Completely agree. It's actually pretty embarrassing for the organization. For as much as Ozzie says he backs his players and such...eventually crap like this will diminish any kind of trust players may actually have with him. Oney is really showing what a punk he is...

Jenks didn't just express disappointment with not being with the White Sox anymore. He also said that Ozzie Guillen doesn't know how to manage a bullpen (argue all you want, I think he handled Jenks as well as he could have), he seems to think he wasn't trusted coming out of the bullpen when really it was a matter of over-trusting Jenks, and he wonders why he has to fight for a job when he struggled like crazy all year. He took some pretty significant parting shots at the White Sox organization.

It wasn't right for Oney to make the comments he did, but there was going to be verbal retaliation of some type. Perhaps Williams and/or Guillen will say something else too. Hopefully they keep it civil while putting Jenks in his place, perhaps something along the lines of telling people he was non-tendered for a reason.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
It wasn't right for Oney to make the comments he did, but there was going to be verbal retaliation of some type. Perhaps Williams and/or Guillen will say something else too. Hopefully they keep it civil while putting Jenks in his place, perhaps something along the lines of telling people he was non-tendered for a reason.

There is now absolutely no need for KW or Guillen to say anything else negative about Jenks. They can legitimately take the high road and distance themselves from Oney's comments, and it doesn't matter because the message and some vague, 140 character summary of the facts are already out there. KW and Ozzie should chime in by decrying Oney's statements. All that would do is put more emphasis on them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
There is now absolutely no need for KW or Guillen to say anything else negative about Jenks. They can legitimately take the high road and distance themselves from Oney's comments, and it doesn't matter because the message and some vague, 140 character summary of the facts are already out there. KW and Ozzie should chime in by decrying Oney's statements. All that would do is put more emphasis on them.

And since they apparently made Bobby an offer of 2/10, they can play that card as they tried to get him back even.