Advertising Fail

southsider2k5

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 02:56 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2301731:date=Dec 16, 2010 -> 11:54 PM:name=SoxFan562004)-->
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
<!--quotec-->there are always a few floating out there, and this may be the one you're talking about, but there is a jewelry store that has a couple at a cabin and it's storming out, and the guy is just insanely creepy and weirds me out.

yup, that's it! Hard to describe why, but creeps me out...

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
there are always a few floating out there, and this may be the one you're talking about, but there is a jewelry store that has a couple at a cabin and it's storming out, and the guy is just insanely creepy and weirds me out.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
yup, that's it! Hard to describe why, but creeps me out...

Hopefully the guy in that commercial isn't opposed to Buick advertising, because he's gonna need a huge trunk space to stuff that girl into.

I always think the commercials for Giordano's are very bad. The commercials makes the food look like s*** and the owner of Giordano's looks ridiculous every time he holds up that tomato. To make matters worse, he started wearing a really bad toupee. In the older commercials, there were lots of "regular" people doing a really bad job of acting, I even remember seeing some chick take a bite of something then raise her arms up in a "yay!" victory pose. And in the newer commercials with the owner wearing the bad toupee, the food they show looks like home-made food in aluminum trays rather than restaurant-quality food displayed on plates. Really bad presentations. :-/

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 02:45 AM)
I always think the commercials for Giordano's are very bad. The commercials makes the food look like s*** and the owner of Giordano's looks ridiculous every time he holds up that tomato. To make matters worse, he started wearing a really bad toupee. In the older commercials, there were lots of "regular" people doing a really bad job of acting, I even remember seeing some chick take a bite of something then raise her arms up in a "yay!" victory pose. And in the newer commercials with the owner wearing the bad toupee, the food they show looks like home-made food in aluminum trays rather than restaurant-quality food displayed on plates. Really bad presentations. :-/

Agree on everything. I especially hate that guy's reaction when they lift up the first piece that was cut and the gooey cheese stretches out and he says......... "WOOOOOOOOOOOW!

(Hey Mr. white collar "I need to make this look good on camera even though I could care less about

the friggin' pizza"...............SHUT UP ALREADY! )

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
Whichever burger joint commercial it is that has the guy at the end who says "I made a seal, arr arr". I change the channel the second I see it. (I wanna say Wendy's)

It's a Pizza hut commercial!! I would like to punch that guys teeth down his throat ..is that bad?! :chair :fight :unsure:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
The horrible food wasn't convincing enough?

pre-commercial, sometimes you would be forced to go there w/ family and whatnot.

post-commercial, that is one of the only restaurants I will make a fuss about not going to if I'm in a big group.

The commercial we are talking about was the gilligan's Island parody. We were at a bar w/ all the different march madness games on at once and that commercial was on every game, so you heard it roughly every 5 minutes.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 02:45 AM)

the chick was hot.

QUOTE (SnB @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
pre-commercial, sometimes you would be forced to go there w/ family and whatnot.

post-commercial, that is one of the only restaurants I will make a fuss about not going to if I'm in a big group.

The commercial we are talking about was the gilligan's Island parody. We were at a bar w/ all the different march madness games on at once and that commercial was on every game, so you heard it roughly every 5 minutes.

QUOTE (onedude @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
McDonalds commercial with the Mocha caramel hand tap s***....makes me puke. I haven't ate at a Mcdonalds in 2 years...but that commercial isn't why

I dislike that commercial too, but mostly because the whip cream on top of the cups doesn't move and looks completely disgusting

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
Well I have learned from Microsoft that the "cloud" is some sort of magical photo service from the interwebs. That is not at the level of hate that I had for the stupid "Windows 7' was my idea. Windows 7 isn't half bad, but that commercial made me want to nix it.

Apple's commercials from a couple years ago with that dude vs. the "PC" dude had this effect on me. f***ing smarmy bulls*** just like the Apple fanboy drones that pollute random discussion boards on the net. Ugh get off my TV with that.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
Actually...i switched to Geico a few years ago and have been extremely happy with them. Only had to use them twice and never any hassles. I even have a good friend who works at Liberty Mutual and even with all of the discounts and "deals" he gave me it didn't match my Geico rate.

When I was 19 and got my first car, I was buying my own insurance and Geico quoted me $3000 for a 6-month premium. Everybody tries to rape you at that age, but that was a special kind of rape that would've been almost double my actual car payment. So I've pretty much ignored them forever since then.