Greinke traded to the Brewers

southsider2k5

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Well that's just not realistic. Posey and Stanton both had questions marks when they were in the minors. Can Posey cut it as a catcher? Can he hit with enough power? Stanton strikes out too much, ect. Greinke is a really good pitcher. But he's not Felix Hernandez. I think the Royals did great. You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

Yeah, ultimately, we'll just have to wait and see. I just don't personally like Escobar or Cain, for that matter. But I've been wrong many, many times before :)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
The rotation is suddenly looking solid for the Brew Crew, Gallardo/Marcum/Greinke/Wolf. Its always nice to see middle market teams make moves like this, showing their fans they are legitimately going for the playoffs.

The Brewers totally gutted their system. But if you're going to do that, you do it for impact player(s). Greinke and Marcum are certainly impact players.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 12:51 AM)
Saw someone ranked the Brewers rotation #3 in the NL. Not sure I can do that if Dave Bush is involved.

I can guarantee you that the Cubs will find a way to miss Greinke every series next year and will face Bush 6 times. Heck, wouldn't shock me to see Suppan find a way back into the majors just to make sure he faces the Cubs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
I can guarantee you that the Cubs will find a way to miss Greinke every series next year and will face Bush 6 times. Heck, wouldn't shock me to see Suppan find a way back into the majors just to make sure he faces the Cubs.

And?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
I will say the Brewers have no margin for error from the top 6 in their lineup. Because right now you're looking at a 7-8-9 of Gomez, Betancourt and the pitcher. That will definitely be the "go take a s***" inning when those three come up.

Betancourt can hit an occassional homer, but you're right, its not a very scary bottom of the order.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
I will say the Brewers have no margin for error from the top 6 in their lineup. Because right now you're looking at a 7-8-9 of Gomez, Betancourt and the pitcher. That will definitely be the "go take a s***" inning when those three come up.

This is the NL though. How many teams have better 7-8 hitters than that?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
I don't know. I'm just saying. You're talking 3 automatic outs for a team that's expected to contend. So there's like no margin for error from the rest of the lineup.

In that case, then no NL team would be expected to contend.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)

Hey, Gallardo is a pretty good hitter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
In that case, then no NL team would be expected to contend.

All I meant was they need Weeks, Hart and McGehee to have repeat years in 2011 and for Braun and Fielder to be Braun and Fielder or their lineup could be pretty mediocre. All in all I expect them to score plenty of runs.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
All I meant was they need Weeks, Hart and McGehee to have repeat years in 2011 and for Braun and Fielder to be Braun and Fielder or their lineup could be pretty mediocre. All in all I expect them to score plenty of runs.

And in response, I can say the exact same thing about every NL team. "If Ryan Howard isn't Ryan Howard, and Utley can't stay healthy, the Phillies offense will be pretty mediocre".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
And in response, I can say the exact same thing about every NL team. "If Ryan Howard isn't Ryan Howard, and Utley can't stay healthy, the Phillies offense will be pretty mediocre".

If Adam Dunn isn't Adam Dunn and Paul Konerko shows his age, the White Sox offense will be pretty mediocre at best.