XM Radio

Texsox

Picked up an onyX for my girlfriend last night. We also bought the home kit. I guess we're at the next phase of our relationship, gifts of coffee makers (Kuerig) and radios. :lolhitting

She asked why we needed the home kit, and before I could tell her she saw the channel lineup and said, this is so *we* can listen to the Sox games :wub:

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 08:30 AM)
Picked up an onyX for my girlfriend last night. We also bought the home kit. I guess we're at the next phase of our relationship, gifts of coffee makers (Kuerig) and radios. :lolhitting

She asked why we needed the home kit, and before I could tell her she saw the channel lineup and said, this is so *we* can listen to the Sox games :wub:

Ha, very nice...

I miss my XM radio. I used to definitely love it for listening to Sox games, but plenty of other good sports talk too on there. And, of course, I miss the 90's music station.

I have Sirius, but I guess they're the same thing now.

I really love the service, but I dislike their channel options.

I wish I could just pick and choose from the list of all the channels they have, exactly which ones I want, and only pay for those.

No matter which package you choose, you end up having a majority you never want to listen too, or never will listen too.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
No matter which package you choose, you end up having a majority you never want to listen too, or never will listen too.

Same as with TV, except in this case it's probably the monopoly on infrastructure that allows them to force you to pay for all the channels rather than actual law.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Same as with TV, except in this case it's probably the monopoly on infrastructure that allows them to force you to pay for all the channels rather than actual law.

Hopefully soon TV loses that stranglehold -- and I think they are. The only thing missing now is sports contracts and the ability to stream them to things like apple tv, roku, etc.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
XM is god-like. I got a very good deal back in the day and the rate is still good since i signed for life.

I considered it but for $500+ I decided against it. Technology changes, plus they want $75 every time I change radios. I went with the two year option.