Just go home

Soxplosion

Piniero is solid, Moyer is an ace, and Meche is falling off the Earth.

Loaiza, Buehrle, and Colon are aces.

Buehrles ERA is over 4.00. If hes an ace, even Ryan Franklin is an ace. Hes not an ace. Hes a good pitcher (one I dont like) but hes not an ace. If he coulda pitched like he has of late all year, then hed be an ace...

You have now pissed me off. I was all ready to head off to bed after proving a point I thought no one could argue, and then you start to type again. *Grumble grumble* Now I have to look up stats, ugh.

Splits ERA:

March 2.57

April 3.92

May 7.16

June 3.83

July 3.19

BEING DUMB IS SO FUN

Never type again, thanks.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY s*** A LOSS, ABANDON SHIP!!!! THE SOX ARE ONLY 13-3 IN THEIR LAST 16 GAMES!!! ONLY ONE GAME BACK! WE'RE DONE FOR!

All of you dolts who are s***ting a brick the size of Texas, please go to the north side where fairweather fans fit right in.

right on, my brother

Well everyone loses once and a while and we have won like 14 out of 15 or something. But isn't anyone else worried that this team will go back to their old ways. How many times has this team gotten our hopes up? I know oldroman is going a little too far, but it shows how a fan of this team can be upset over one loss because we are scared of them going back to their old ways like they have so many times.

GO SOX TOMORROW!!! :bang

Oh yeah, KC has a much better team than we have. Their ace is Jose Lima and their best hitter is has 15 homeruns.

Id say Darrell May and Runelvys Hernandez are the aces. And their best hitter has 16 homeruns. And homeruns dont matter anyways. Their RBI leader has 67 RBIs, which is pretty good...

What the f*** is going on, one f***in loss and now the sox suck, give me a f***in break, if we beat Meche tomorrow I guarantee the people who are saying the sox suck are back on the bandwagon, and Ryan Franklin isn't awful, this thread if f***in bulls***. I usually don't get this mad, but this thread pisses me off.

Id say Darrell May and Runelvys Hernandez are the aces. And their best hitter has 16 homeruns. And homeruns dont matter anyways. Their RBI leader has 67 RBIs, which is pretty good...

And why Hernandez and Mays, your aces, didnt showed up in the last series that we faced them???

We have a much better team, their team sucks and we showed them.

You gotta learn something Roman: you wont always win.

Exactly kip. With other teams, you can take a loss with a grain of salt. Those teams recover and continue doing well, unless of course theyre a bad team. The Sox have gone on hot streaks many times this year and sunk down later to show it was only a fluke. A huge loss like this could be even more of a sign that the hot streak is over...

What the f*** is going on, one f***in loss and now the sox suck, give me a f***in break, if we beat Meche tomorrow I guarantee the people who are saying the sox suck are back on the bandwagon, and Ryan Franklin isn't awful, this thread if f***in bulls***.  I usually don't get this mad, but this thread pisses me off.

Rowand44. Geez, I shouldnt argue. Since your namesake is such a great player you must be a genius. I should shut up now...

there won't be any dan wrights either so shut your pie hole, you big crybaby.

I just got here and this is the first thread I've looked at. Now that I have pissed my pants laughing I'm going to skip the rest of the threads and go to bed. Thank Spiff you for making a crappy night better.

Which one of you jagoffs added "the season is over" part to the thread title? Take that down. I never said that. I said I dont think well make the playoffs but I never said what you guys say I said. If ya leave it up atleast say that a mod put it there...

Which one of you jagoffs added "the season is over" part to the thread title? Take that down. I never said that. I said I dont think well make the playoffs but I never said what you guys say I said. If ya leave it up atleast say that a mod put it there...

done - that wasn't fair to you to f*** with your title.

I correct a spelling now and again and added the words "game thread" to the game thread, but I don't agree with messing with someone's thread title - not our job. So I restored it, I remembered what it was originally. That was unfair to you.

Jason, please note that someone messed with oldroman's title to make it mean something totally different than what he wrote - I think mods are way exceeding their roles when they do that and maybe a reminder needs to go out, to not use the tools to f*** with threads.

It's ok Roman. Losing is frustrating especially getting beat 10-0 by the smirking Mariners. I think they are the only one's I hate as much as the Twinkies. Wright did not look good and I can't truthfully say he has ever looked good this year. There must have been some close games or the no decision ones where he pitched well? But with a record of 0-5 the no decisions don't pop up in my mind at all. Danny Wright has got to learn how to pitch at the big league level and how to go after the hitter. He plays around too much and fall behind and always goes 5-8 pitches per hitter. Garland learned no Danny has to learn also. I hope he can do it this year, but we can't afford to keep fooling around with that #5 starter. Wright might get one more chance, but I would like to see Cotts given an opportunity.

I really had to question Manuel allowing the righty (first Danny and then Ginter) to pitch to Olerud. We have three lefties in the pen why not use them?

done - that wasn't fair to you to f*** with your title.

I correct a spelling now and again and added the words "game thread" to the game thread, but I don't agree with messing with someone's thread title - not our job.  So I restored it, I remembered what it was oriiginally.  That was unfair to you.

Jason, please note that someone messed with oldroman's title to make it mean something totally different than what he wrote - I think mods are way exceeding their roles when they do that and maybe a reminder needs to go out, to not use the tools to f*** with threads.

I also think forum admins must have swastikas for their avatars, because that's what they are; a bunch of Nazis!

Thanks elrockin. A nice kind accepting post like yours really helped to cheer me up. Im in a better mood now. Im still kinda pissed but your post did enlighten me...

That's what we are here for to pick each other up. We are a team just like the real players.

I am going to by off line for about 12 days as I will be away on the road and not have access to my computer. Keep us in the game... I'll be checking out the sports page and ESPN while I am away.

I just got here and this is the first thread I've looked at.  Now that I have pissed my pants laughing I'm going to skip the rest of the threads and go to bed.  Thank Spiff you for making a crappy night better.

always glad to help :headbang

Ive got an idea. Why dont we do this? Everytime the Sox have their fifth guy starting, just go home.

I have an idea, too. whenever someone wants to over-react to ONE LOSS, why not just step away from the computer and enjoy some time in the sun ( or the dark, if it's a 9:05 start )?

This team has played VERY well lately, but they're NOT going to win every game. NO TEAM wins every game.

If they lose 3 or 4 in a row, then maybe it's time to pound the Drums Of Doom, but one game is not enough to start panicking in the streets.

That's what we are here for to pick each other up. We are a team just like the real players.

I am going to by off line for about 12 days as I will be away on the road and not have access to my computer. Keep us in the game... I'll be checking out the sports page and ESPN while I am away.

Thanks dude. Have a safe trip... :)

I have an idea, too. whenever someone wants to over-react to ONE LOSS, why not just step away from the computer and enjoy some time in the sun ( or the dark, if it's a 9:05 start )?

This team has played VERY well lately, but they're NOT going to win every game. NO TEAM wins every game.

If they lose 3 or 4 in a row, then maybe it's time to pound the Drums Of Doom, but one game is not enough to start panicking in the streets.

But it was a 10-0 loss. That destroys momentum. If they come back today and win maybe Ill start believing but its really demotivating when you get shut out and give up 10 runs...

But it was a 10-0 loss. That destroys momentum. If they come back today and win maybe Ill start believing but its really demotivating when you get shut out and give up 10 runs...

Losing 1-0 or blowing a lead late is much more devastating for a team than losing 10-0. When you lose that big, typically you can get it out of your mind before you even leave the ballpark. And with the early game today, even if we're still thinking about it, we won't have much time to dwell on it.

Losing 1-0 or blowing a lead late is much more devastating for a team than losing 10-0.  When you lose that big, typically you can get it out of your mind before you even leave the ballpark.  And with the early game today, even if we're still thinking about it, we won't have much time to dwell on it.

VERY true.

To use the ever-popular sCrUB exapmple, who do you think took the loss harder yesterday, the Sox who got spanked or the Lovable Losers blowing a 9th inning lead?

Last night was one of those "not our night" deals, in my opinion, and not enough to destroy the confidence built over the last 3 weeks.