Just go home

Soxplosion

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say Darrell May and Runelvys Hernandez are the aces. And their best hitter has 16 homeruns. And homeruns dont matter anyways. Their RBI leader has 67 RBIs, which is pretty good...

You have got to be kidding me, Hernandez and Mays are aces?

May has won 11 games over 3 seasons, Hernandez has won 9 games over 2 seasons and Mark Buehrle has won 48 games over 3 seasons.

Mark Buehrle is a much better pitcher than both these guys.

And why are you a Sox fan if you don't like Buherle, Crede, Olivo, Rowand etc.?

I love knee jerk reactions.

Last week when we lost to Tampa Bay after winning 8 in a row people had the exact same thoughts. Then we swept KC, and took the first game from the Mariners easily.

Last night we lost to the Mariners, and once again people are saying that we wont catch KC.

Did anyone notice that KC barely beat the Devil Rays last night, and that they blew something like a 7-2 lead in the late innings.

After Lee got called out stealing second in the first inning I could see that the White Sox were not going to win yesterday. Everett just missed a home run in the second, and a few other hits just did not go the White Sox's way, Maggs lining out to McLemore etc.

Some days things you just are not going to win, and I believe Manuel wanted to get the most out of Wright to set us up for the next 4 games.

Who cares if we lost last night, if saving our best bullpen pitchers allows us to win the next 4 games. If we win today we will have won the series with the Mariners and have gone 5-1 on our road trip. Most people would have said that 4-2 was outstanding and that 3-3 was good enough.

The next 4 games are far more important than last nights game when our 5th starter was going and our offense just did not seem to be there. Some days you just are not gonna win.

As for the effect on the Sox?

I think today youll see a low scoring game, and the White Sox offense will show that it is not only home runs, but that it is also capable of manufacturing runs.

SB

Who cares if we lost last night, if saving our best bullpen pitchers allows us to win the next 4 games. If we win today we will have won the series with the Mariners and have gone 5-1 on our road trip. Most people would have said that 4-2 was outstanding and that 3-3 was good enough.

The next 4 games are far more important than last nights game when our 5th starter was going and our offense just did not seem to be there. Some days you just are not gonna win.

thank you for the lucid comments! :headbang :cheers :usa

You have got to be kidding me,  Hernandez and Mays are aces?

May has won 11 games over 3 seasons,  Hernandez has won 9 games over 2 seasons and Mark Buehrle has won 48 games over 3 seasons.

cause he has a crush on frank thomas. everyone who takes attention from frank is evil. :lol:

You have got to be kidding me,  Hernandez and Mays are aces?

May has won 11 games over 3 seasons,  Hernandez has won 9 games over 2 seasons and Mark Buehrle has won 48 games over 3 seasons.

cause he has a crush on frank thomas. everyone who takes attention from frank is evil. :lol:

For the first time spiff, I agree with you... ;)

I have an idea, too. whenever someone wants to over-react to ONE LOSS, why not just step away from the computer and enjoy some time in the sun ( or the dark, if it's a 9:05 start )?

This team has played VERY well lately, but they're NOT going to win every game. NO TEAM wins every game.

If they lose 3 or 4 in a row, then maybe it's time to pound the Drums Of Doom, but one game is not enough to start panicking in the streets.

Queue the Drums of Doom!

Queue the Drums of Doom!

BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOM BOOM

DOOM DOOM DOOMDOOM DOOM

*CRASSSSHHHHH*

:D

...although to be honest, I'm STILL not panicking.

The offense was there, but Schoenweis was terrible and Gordon let them slam the door shut.

It would help VERY much to take the last 2 vs. KC, though...almost a must....ALMOST.

BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOM BOOM

DOOM DOOM DOOMDOOM DOOM

*CRASSSSHHHHH*

The offense was there, but Schoenweis was terrible and Gordon let them slam the door shut.

It would help VERY much to take the last 2 vs. KC, though...almost a must....ALMOST.

One down, one to go.

BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOM BOOM

DOOM DOOM DOOMDOOM DOOM

*CRASSSSHHHHH*

One down, one to go.

:headbang

And I feel that it's a must that we win today (Wednesday). We'll either be 1 back or 3 back, and with Oakland coming to town, we want to stay as close to KC as we can.