Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
Charlie Sheen is pretty brilliant. How long until the book comes out? How long until the "Winning" appearance tour with incredibly high fees? He's transformed himself into a person of consequence by giving some stupid interviews and launching a Twitter account.

I thought a few days ago that a majority of this is a massive PR stunt.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
Basketball in Indiana>your state

I love Hoosier Hysteria. That is all.

Especially right now with SO much talent in Indiana. 3 McDonalds All Americans for 2011. Scary thing is 2012 is supposed to be the deepest Indiana has been in years. We could potentially see 5 burger boys next year from freakin' Indiana. This state is just ridiculous for basketball.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
Especially right now with SO much talent in Indiana. 3 McDonalds All Americans for 2011. Scary thing is 2012 is supposed to be the deepest Indiana has been in years. We could potentially see 5 burger boys next year from freakin' Indiana. This state is just ridiculous for basketball.

Yeah we have the #3 team (Merrillville) in the state in our sectional, plus the #1 team (Munster)in our regional. The Region is loaded this year, and will be again next year. The crazy thing is we could have won three games against those two teams this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
Unofficial is today, Mardi Gras tommorrow. Damn, I wish I was still young and in Champaign, what a ridiculous weekend it would be.

Missing Unofficial sucks, so I had to go out today and buy a crapload of booze, just gotta get through finals in two weeks and Im sure that stash wont last long at all, especially since Ive got a good friend and my brother joining me out here.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
Sounds unrelated?

A user comment from another article regarding this story:

This is so very, very sad. I am an ICU nurse, and we are seeing more and more cases of super-obes­e people coming in like this young man. When people are this large, they simply cannot fill their lungs to clear infections or fluid like a normal weight person. A mild case of flu can result in respirator­y arrest and death.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Yeah we have the #3 team (Merrillville) in the state in our sectional, plus the #1 team (Munster)in our regional. The Region is loaded this year, and will be again next year. The crazy thing is we could have won three games against those two teams this year.

How many of them does Crean have committed?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
How many of them does Crean have committed?

2011- Zeller (5 star) Etherington (3 star)

2012- Ferrell and Perea (5 Stars) Patterson and Jurkin (4 stars)

2013- Hartman and Davis (4 stars)

2014- Lyles (5 star) Blackmon (4 stars)

Out of that group, only one is not playing HS basketball in Indiana (Jurkin). Crean is on a recruiting run that has been virtually unmatched in college basketball, sans UK. Theres still a ton more talent left in those classes, so the talent will definitely be coming in the next few years and Crean will definitely be under pressure to win.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 06:48 AM)
I hope so, I really do. It's rather boring not having any good teams in Indiana... :lol:

This really isn't a bad year for Indiana. Notre Dame is having their best year in forever, Purdue has been great, plus ISU is in the dance, and Valpo has a chance at it as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)
This really isn't a bad year for Indiana. Notre Dame is having their best year in forever, Purdue has been great, plus ISU is in the dance, and Valpo has a chance at it as well.

Butler plays for a bid tommorrow and still has an outside chance for an at-large bid. And they kind of had a decent season last year too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 08:10 AM)

Valpo got eliminated last night.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 07:34 AM)
Butler plays for a bid tommorrow and still has an outside chance for an at-large bid. And they kind of had a decent season last year too.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
Valpo got eliminated last night.

Doh, and Doh.

I am sad the Crusaders are out. I always love seeing them in the national spotlight.

Does anyone else get a lot of bellybutton lint? I have a pretty hairy chest and stomach, so I'm guessing that's the reason, but I clean out the lint every single day in the shower and there's always more.

Gross, yes. Just wanted to know if anyone else suffers from this annoyance :lol:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
Does anyone else get a lot of bellybutton lint? I have a pretty hairy chest and stomach, so I'm guessing that's the reason, but I clean out the lint every single day in the shower and there's always more.

Gross, yes. Just wanted to know if anyone else suffers from this annoyance :lol:

I do. It was one of the first things my wife made fun of me for. She was always surprised how no matter what there would be lint in my bellow button.

Ha, the parent complaining for the last 3 weeks or so for my basketball team has definitely hit an all time high. 2 of the 3 last weeks have been real close games so I've played my best kids for about the last 6 minutes of each of those games and apparently that's too much. Everyone gets equal playing time for the first 3 quarters but in the 4th I try to win the game and I guess some parents don't like that.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Ha, the parent complaining for the last 3 weeks or so for my basketball team has definitely hit an all time high. 2 of the 3 last weeks have been real close games so I've played my best kids for about the last 6 minutes of each of those games and apparently that's too much. Everyone gets equal playing time for the first 3 quarters but in the 4th I try to win the game and I guess some parents don't like that.

Don't even take score. It's all about having fun!

Just tell them that if their kid isn't good enough then they should put in extra effort outside of practice and games to improve. You don't complain to teachers that their kid isn't doing well in a class if they aren't studying for it.

Edited by bigruss22