Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 16, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
It has now been changed to Sex & the City 2. Awful. Political correctness strikes again.

Call it what you will, but really, do you want to be the one making fun of Japan right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Call it what you will, but really, do you want to be the one making fun of Japan right now?

Yeah, you are probably right. A joke about the housing market doesnt seem as bad, but yeah, its probably not the best time for that. Especially when you are trying to advance your career in radio.

Really craving some tacos or a burrito, Mexican food is non-existent in the Netherlands. I can't really call their taco dinner mixes at the grocery store Mexican food, since it's just plain terrible and really doesn't taste like real tacos.

Actually, food in the Netherlands tends to suck big time, the Doner Kebab places here are terrible compared to other Euro countries, they have no real desirable authentic cuisine, their hamburgers are weak, and the only Chinese I've had hear is decent but very different from American-Chinese. I won't even mention the pizza, which is not only expensive (think $28 for a large Pizza Hut pizza after the exchange rate) but tops out at edible.

Oh, and they have this odd obsession with mayo, it replaces ketchup as the go to condiment, our very first dinner the college took us to a restaurant with some of the home students who act as "buddies" and I asked him if mayo was really popular here because I saw it everywhere, and as he responded "no" he was dumping it on his fries. I felt like Lily from HYMIM:

46503_1218383547698_398_300.jpg

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
Really craving some tacos or a burrito, Mexican food is non-existent in the Netherlands. I can't really call their taco dinner mixes at the grocery store Mexican food, since it's just plain terrible and really doesn't taste like real tacos.

Damn, Mexican is my favorite food. It would suck not having good Mexican.

But I really wanted to respond to your post to say I love the signature. Cracking me up...

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
Damn, Mexican is my favorite food. It would suck not having good Mexican.

But I really wanted to respond to your post to say I love the signature. Cracking me up...

Ha, thanks, had to put it up in honor of the AD movie officially being announced by Hurwitz as coming out this year. It was really hard to choose which .gif to use though.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 12:19 AM)
The fools at Loyola Chicago admitted me to their law school today. Not sure if I'll end up going there, but there's a decent chance. It's nice to know I can at least go somewhere next year.

Congratulations! :cheers

Anyone else go through a crisis before graduating college like I am right now? I feel like it's all winding down so quickly and obviously the pressure of the real world waiting for me is immense.

4 years of college passed by so fast and I just keep thinking back on it, wondering if I fully took advantage and I'm trying to make sure my last semester with all my friends ends with a bang.

It's almost gotten to the point of depression. Its nuts. I'm freaking out, but trying to manage.

I got this in my email on Saturday. People don't really fall for these things anymore do they? I haven't been an AOL customer since the mid 90's.

Billing Information

Dear Valued AOL Member,

It has come to our attension that your AOL records information are out of date .

We were unable to process your most recent payment.

Did you recently change your bank, phone number or credit card ?

To ensure that your service will not be interrupted, please update your billing information NOW by visiting the new AOL small business system .

>

PLEASE , NOTE THAT FAILURE TO VERIFY YOUR RECORDS

WILL RESULT IN ACCOUNT SUSPENSION .

Sincerely,

AOL Member Services Team

P.S. The link in this massage will be expired within 24 Hours .You have to update your payment information before that time .

© 2011 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved.

While I'm certainly glad this came to their "attension" it's too bad the "massage" already expired.

Finished my last exam for the semester, drinking a Duvel to celebrate, doing laundry then packing up and getting ready to head out to the airport.

Doing these next 5 weeks big, got 3 trips planned:

1)

London

Edinburgh

2)

Barcelona

Marrakech

Lisbon

Zurich

3)

Belgium

Berlin

Krakow

Vienna

Spend a recovery night in between each at my apartment in Rotterdam, last night will be in Amsterdam and flying back to the States early on April 26th. I can't believe Im about to do this!!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
That sucks, sorry to hear that dude

Thanks alot Keith. Was way too young to go. Just heard he had an overdose on pills (I believe pain pills). Crazy thing was, he left Chicago to get out of trouble for a while.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 07:28 AM)
Thanks alot Keith. Was way too young to go. Just heard he had an overdose on pills (I believe pain pills). Crazy thing was, he left Chicago to get out of trouble for a while.

Wow, I have no idea what I would do if I lost one of my childhood friends like that, Im sorry for you loss.