Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
I was on the train that got hit and derailed at Union Station today. I was actually sitting on the car that got hit it was pretty intense the doors were caved in people were freaking out a 35 week pregnant woman almost went into labor on the train

That is one thing I have never done. I have been on trains that have hit cars, but never train on train action. Hope you are OK!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to make a long story short here's what happened to me last summer: had my wallet stolen at a bar by a girl who proceeded to run out before we could confront her. Her friend didn't immediately leave and my buddy knew who it was. Nothing ever happened I cancelled everything right away, but I lost 50 or so bucks and had to go through the hassle of getting new cards, new ID all of that.

Now, just got a call today that all my cards were found in an apartment of two tennants who were just kicked out. One of the names was the girl who was the friend who was there that night. So is it even worth it for me to press charges? And is there anything I can even do? It was a really s***ty situation and was a major inconvenience and there's a lot of me that would love to get back at them. At the same time, i'm not really going to gain anything so I don't know if I should just go get my stuff and move on and forget it.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
So to make a long story short here's what happened to me last summer: had my wallet stolen at a bar by a girl who proceeded to run out before we could confront her. Her friend didn't immediately leave and my buddy knew who it was. Nothing ever happened I cancelled everything right away, but I lost 50 or so bucks and had to go through the hassle of getting new cards, new ID all of that.

Now, just got a call today that all my cards were found in an apartment of two tennants who were just kicked out. One of the names was the girl who was the friend who was there that night. So is it even worth it for me to press charges? And is there anything I can even do? It was a really s***ty situation and was a major inconvenience and there's a lot of me that would love to get back at them. At the same time, i'm not really going to gain anything so I don't know if I should just go get my stuff and move on and forget it.

You're out $50. This girl and her friend felt it worthwhile to steal your wallet and have been kicked out of their apartment and clearly have a very s***ty life. Move on, be happy you aren't in their situation, and don't waste any more of your time on those broads.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
I have to go to Dothan, AL for work next week. The high temperature is supposed to be 100*. Every.Day.

:(

Enjoy! That's Alabama summer weather. It's 96 in Pelham right now. There's nothing in Dothan, it is the peanut capital of the world though. But, you could drive to the beach from there.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 01:19 AM)
I feel that there's a deeper meaning to this.

No, my son means the world to me. Just warning you guys that you just can't keep your sports car when you have kids.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
You're out $50. This girl and her friend felt it worthwhile to steal your wallet and have been kicked out of their apartment and clearly have a very s***ty life. Move on, be happy you aren't in their situation, and don't waste any more of your time on those broads.

I agree with this. If the girls weren't smart enough to throw your cards away a year later, then they obviously are missing something upstairs anyway.

For me, I'd do a police report. Chances are they won't bother to chase them down, but, I'd feel better having done it. That's just me though, some people would consider that a jerk move. I believe the whole justice system works better when they have a real reflection of what is going on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
For me, I'd do a police report. Chances are they won't bother to chase them down, but, I'd feel better having done it. That's just me though, some people would consider that a jerk move. I believe the whole justice system works better when they have a real reflection of what is going on.

I'd report it for sure.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
:headbang Absolutely. I played from kindergarten through high school... and am now a certified NCAA referee, though as I'm only 23, I haven't officiated anything higher than the DIII level.

I feel like you're one in a long line of people that fall in love with the sport once they actually watch it and get to know it. Being in the South (where it's growing a lot, but still not popular), I remember friends' parents who were quick to dismiss it until their kid started playing, and then they realized how awesome of a game it is. My best friend's mom was so upset that he quit baseball to play lacrosse when we were in 7th grade and then years later she thanked me for getting him into the game b/c she really loved watching him play.

I watched it a lot as a kid and enjoyed it, but kind of like rugby, I had only a vague idea of what was going on. Didn't watch much throughout high school but had some friends in college play and then did play-by-play this year. It's a great sport to just play catch and toss around too. I'm getting my own stick soon. Definitely going to murder it out.

f*** that moving on s***. This isn't just about you anymore. These people are clearly scumbags on a regular basis. You press charges and it may prevent them from doing it again. I assure you that they will do it again if they see no consequences.

Press those charges like no other.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
I agree with this. If the girls weren't smart enough to throw your cards away a year later, then they obviously are missing something upstairs anyway.

So because they're stupid, they should be allowed to get away with it?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
Maybe I have been watching the Wire too long, and now The Shield, but would the police even do anything now? They probably don't have a known address on these girls.

They probably wouldn't actively do anything, but they'd enter it into a file and if they did something else the lawyers in that case would probably find that police report.

Was up til almost 6 last night hanging out with some friends. At about 5:30, we went outside as the sun was rising and the birds were chirping. It was 75 and muggy already. Hadn't enjoyed a summer morning like that in a looooooooong time. Birds were chirping and all. Just made me want to go fishing so bad.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2396592:date=Jun 5, 2011 -> 05:55 PM:name=FlaSoxxJim)-->
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)
<!--quotec-->Where lesson??

:P

:notworthy

Love that quote.