Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
Katy Perry concert was postponed until August due to food poisoning. Now I have to wait another month and a half to get her and my wife to make out.

Good call on waiting. That food poisoning could make for a nasty make out session.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:09 AM)
So I am checking out Google+, and I certainly hope it takes off because I greatly prefer it to Facebook.

I do too. I am only "playing" with it right now. My normal email address uses Google Apps, and Google wont let Google Apps users create a profiles, so I cant use Google+ with it yet. So, I am using a gmail address I never use, so I dont want to go "all in" until Google allows profile creation with Google Apps, and this is supposedly coming soon.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 07:09 AM)
So I am checking out Google+, and I certainly hope it takes off because I greatly prefer it to Facebook.

I was on it for a few minutes yesterday - have no idea what the difference is. Looks exactly the same.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Power is out AGAIN. Left work to take some food to my parents house this time, had to throw away a bunch of stuff last time. ComEd is saying that nearly 700k customers lost power

I just read them calling it maybe the biggest outage in ComEd history.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I was on it for a few minutes yesterday - have no idea what the difference is. Looks exactly the same.

They may look the same, but I think Google+ offers better sharing options (circles). I view Google+ as a merging of Facebook and Twitter. You can follow someone's public posts (Twitter) or be "friends" with someone and you can share between yourselves and circles (Facebook).

As of right now, I have exactly two "friends" on Google+, so it's not completely useful to me yet, but as people get on board, I think I'll like it a lot. I could see myself being a strictly Google+ and Twitter user.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Power is out AGAIN. Left work to take some food to my parents house this time, had to throw away a bunch of stuff last time. ComEd is saying that nearly 700k customers lost power

WOW! I was in Iowa last night (for my job interview this morning). I slept in the basement, so I slept through most of it. I had no idea how nasty it had gotten until I woke up and my mother-in-law said at 4am she almost came to the basement.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
WOW! I was in Iowa last night (for my job interview this morning). I slept in the basement, so I slept through most of it. I had no idea how nasty it had gotten until I woke up and my mother-in-law said at 4am she almost came to the basement.

If my wife hadn't called me and told me what happened I wouldn't have had any idea a storm came through. It was bright and sunny when I walked into work at 7:50 AM and it was bright and sunny when I left at 5:00 PM.

When I drove home last night I saw trees and power lines down everywhere and even a couple of large billboards were knocked over. All the larger grocery stores in Rockford were without power. I ran to Wal-Mart later last night and they were throwing out ALL of their frozen goods.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 12:46 AM)
Moved out of my college apartment yesterday. Lived there for 3 years. Also had to say goodbye to my best friend who is moving to Georgia. Horrible, horrible day.

C'est la vie. You are in for a lot of change coming up. Best of luck to you as you move into "adulthood". It's an adjustment.

Moved out of my college apartment yesterday. Lived there for 3 years. Also had to say goodbye to my best friend who is moving to Georgia. Horrible, horrible day.

I remember being excited to graduate and then having a terrible terrible sadness creep over me as we packed. It was unbelievably depressing. I stayed another 4 months to do some grad work at school and it was pretty sad just knowing it was over.

However, the fun doesnt stop, its actually just beginning. Working sucks, but the money doesnt. PLus you have much more freedom as you get a job, a new place and move on. The mid 20s are pretty awesome.

Most thankless job in the world being my condo board president. I had to spend 2 hours up on my roof today with prospective builders to scope out the repair or replacement of our entire roof deck. I cant WAIT to meet with all the owners to give them the bad news.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Working sucks, but the money doesnt. PLus you have much more freedom as you get a job, a new place and move on. The mid 20s are pretty awesome.

Preach.

It's a lot of drinking and partying and working out and having the money to actually enjoy it.

Went through the exact same thing the last week of May. For months I was so pumped to get out of Knoxville... but when I finally finished packing the car to leave, I was definitely sad. I still miss the hell out of my 2 best friends - I'll see one of them this weekend, though. The other not 'til October.

Oh, and work is quite a transition, but the money is awesome (as others have already pointed out).

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
The mid 20's kind of blow when you don't have a job.

They blow for me and I have a great job (problem is.. I work night shift so.. Friday and sometimes Saturday nights out the door!)