Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
I recently started seeing a girl who's parents house is a house that my parents put a bid on but lost out because her mother had beaten them by a couple days. This was back in 1983 before either of us was born.

I had something similar...

My parents bought a house from a married couple. 7 years later, I had been dating this girl for about a year and one night "met" her godmother, who was the woman from the couple that sold us our house. Not incredibly unlikely, but in a city of a million people, pretty unlikely.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
I had something similar...

My parents bought a house from a married couple. 7 years later, I had been dating this girl for about a year and one night "met" her godmother, who was the woman from the couple that sold us our house. Not incredibly unlikely, but in a city of a million people, pretty unlikely.

My dad is a real estate agent and when we sold our house to move to another one, we sold it to this one couple. A few years later my dad sold the house we had moved into and ends up selling the house again to the same person (randomly they were looking to buy and followed us). My dad than moves to another place and than a few years later moves into a new home development and he's buying and the people who bought two houses end up buying the house next door to ours.

And yes, my family moved a lot as a kid. However, all of the moves were within a couple miles of each other. Had we moved to a few seperate states and had this happen, I'd really be stunned.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
My dad is a real estate agent and when we sold our house to move to another one, we sold it to this one couple. A few years later my dad sold the house we had moved into and ends up selling the house again to the same person (randomly they were looking to buy and followed us). My dad than moves to another place and than a few years later moves into a new home development and he's buying and the people who bought two houses end up buying the house next door to ours.

And yes, my family moved a lot as a kid. However, all of the moves were within a couple miles of each other. Had we moved to a few seperate states and had this happen, I'd really be stunned.

I'll be honest, it sounds more like you guys have a couple stalkers.

So two winters ago a car I was in hit black ice and it went into the median, flipped and skidded about 20-30 feet. Everyone was fine but it was naturally a bit unsettling. So this past saturday we were getting a ride home from a friend and we were approaching the turn on the bridge where it happened and I casually recalled the incident and pointed out where we went off. Within 5 seconds of finishing and within 100 feet of where it happened the driver of the car hit black ice and we ran right into the median on the opposite side. No one was hurt and the car somehow didn't flip and the driver was able to regain enough control to get off the road at the light. But the timing and location just freaked me out.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
So two winters ago a car I was in hit black ice and it went into the median, flipped and skidded about 20-30 feet. Everyone was fine but it was naturally a bit unsettling. So this past saturday we were getting a ride home from a friend and we were approaching the turn on the bridge where it happened and I casually recalled the incident and pointed out where we went off. Within 5 seconds of finishing and within 100 feet of where it happened the driver of the car hit black ice and we ran right into the median on the opposite side. No one was hurt and the car somehow didn't flip and the driver was able to regain enough control to get off the road at the light. But the timing and location just freaked me out.

Lesson #1. Never, ever, tell that story again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
I didn't know where to put this, so here goes.

After 72 days, Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are divorcing. Way to stick it out.

Damn, I was wrong, I thought it wouldn't last

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
Lesson #1. Never, ever, tell that story again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
LEsson 2: stop driving that way.

Lesson #3; Is the color of the ice that important?

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
Lesson #3; Is the color of the ice that important?

Oh silly people from Texas.

Black ice, sometimes called glare ice[1] or clear ice, refers to a thin coating of glazed ice on a surface.

While not truly black, it is virtually transparent, allowing black asphalt/macadam roadways to be seen through it, hence the term "black ice". The typically low levels of noticeable ice pellets, snow, or sleet surrounding black ice means that areas of the ice are often practically invisible to drivers and thereby do not serve as a good indicator that they should reduce their speeds.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Southern Chicago, with the palm trees and white, sandy beaches.

Except for the infamous "Armour Square" where it is constantly below freezing. No wonder the baseball team there never has any offense.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)

Lesson #4: You might have pissed Death off by talking about dodging death.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Gotta admit, Ghost Adventures is a guilty pleasure.

I go to bed scared becasue of it. I know its all bull s*** but it creeps me out cause I buy into being real as I am watching it. LOL.......... Dead Files may be more scary IMO.

I missed the Live show of GADV last night though. That had the potential to be boring but I am sure they staged something pretty cool.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Gotta admit, Ghost Adventures is a guilty pleasure.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
I go to bed scared becasue of it. I know its all bull s*** but it creeps me out cause I buy into being real as I am watching it. LOL.......... Dead Files may be more scary IMO.

I missed the Live show of GADV last night though. That had the potential to be boring but I am sure they staged something pretty cool.

Not sure what's so scary about yelling at fictional specters in really old, creaky buildings.

The show is a crock and you are both disappointments.

Does anyone have any problems with Adobe wanting to update on their PC constantly? I just installed a few updates on my computer that I have been putting off(Java, Itunes/Quicktime, Adobe), and when I rebooted my computer, an Adobe popup shows up asking me to update my flash player. It happens every time I update Adobe, it feels like I update the software every 3 days

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Does anyone have any problems with Adobe wanting to update on their PC constantly? I just installed a few updates on my computer that I have been putting off(Java, Itunes/Quicktime, Adobe), and when I rebooted my computer, an Adobe popup shows up asking me to update my flash player. It happens every time I update Adobe, it feels like I update the software every 3 days

That happened to me about a week ago. I updated it like 3 times in one week, but it has stopped since then.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
I didn't know where to put this, so here goes.

After 72 days, Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are divorcing. Way to stick it out.

Got a lot of congrats yesterday for having my marriage last longer than theirs.