Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Is it age discrimination to say someone's hours were cut in half because "they'll be retiring in 2 years anyways?"

If retirement has been merely assumed (as oppossed to having already been specifically announced by the older worker), most definitely.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
I'm about to start working on my last ever homework assignment.

I'm sure in the last few years there are a lot of people that had that same thought once before but ended up having to go back to school.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
I know I've had them at some point, but it must have been years ago. I just happened to buy some yesterday, and it surprised the hell out of me how delicious it was.

I like Fuji apples too, but eating honeycrisp apples in the fall is like eating Apple Cider. I love those things

Chicago has yet to have measurable snowfall this season. This makes it, already, among the 10 latest years for first real snow. The latest ever is December 16th. There is currently no significant snowfall in the 10 day forecast.

We might set a record.

I am 250 miles south and we are expecting measurable snowfall Friday.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Chicago has yet to have measurable snowfall this season. This makes it, already, among the 10 latest years for first real snow. The latest ever is December 16th. There is currently no significant snowfall in the 10 day forecast.

We might set a record.

It snowed in Boston on Halloween and hasn't gotten close since. It has been in the 60s all week. Hell, Arkansas has had snow twice already.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
I'm sure in the last few years there are a lot of people that had that same thought once before but ended up having to go back to school.

I'm a broadcasting major. You couldn't PAY ME to go back to school.

I have two friends (married to each other) who have a son and daughter. They refuse to vaccinate their kids because they are convinced it causes autism. Well, they just found out Friday that their son most likely has autism (or is at a high risk of developing it). Autism is no laughing matter, but they are now scrambling to find a "cause". It must be the milk... or the gluten. Maybe he needs more vitamins. Am I a dick for finding this even a little funny? I enjoy the irony.

I am posting something about LL Bean to see if their ad will appear and I can click through while doing some Christmas shopping. I am pretty certain I saw their ad here, which happens to be exactly why I am shopping there. That and they make a huge donation at one of my favorite national parks.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
I have two friends (married to each other) who have a son and daughter. They refuse to vaccinate their kids because they are convinced it causes autism. Well, they just found out Friday that their son most likely has autism (or is at a high risk of developing it). Autism is no laughing matter, but they are now scrambling to find a "cause". It must be the milk... or the gluten. Maybe he needs more vitamins. Am I a dick for finding this even a little funny? I enjoy the irony.

Umm, yes.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)

Dick, horrible person, asshole... any of these would be fitting.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)

Enjoying a kid who is going to have autism? Damn dude.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
Enjoying a kid who is going to have autism? Damn dude.

I'm not enjoying the fact he has autism. It's actually sad. I know a few people who have it. It's the situation that they tried so hard to avoid it by avoiding vaccinations that's ironic.

Physicist Brian Greene's facebook status:

Hi Everyone, You may have heard that tomorrow morning (Tuesday, AM) there will be an announcement from researchers at the Large Hadron Collider. Rumor has it that they will present evidence that is highly suggestive—but not conclusive—that the long-sought for Higgs particle may finally have been found. After the announcement, I’ll provide some relevant background information and post a quick reaction. --BG

FYI: Higgs particle info

Edited by BigSqwert