Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are people who have been caught stealing money while working at banks by transferring 1/4 of a penny's interest from every interest bearing account and putting it into an open account. They ended up with thousands of dollars when they finally were caught.

There are people who have been caught stealing money while working at banks by transferring 1/4 of a penny's interest from every interest bearing account and putting it into an open account. They ended up with thousands of dollars when they finally were caught.

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
I actually find myself paying with my debit card even when I have enough cash, just to avoid getting pennies.

=====

Eliminating pennies and dollar bills is a good start, but I'd go further.

Eliminate dimes, half-dollars, ten dollar bills, and fifty dollar bills.

All the currency you need are nickels, quarters, dollar coins, fives, twenties, and hundreds. Though unnecessary, I would keep the $2 bill around to appease the people who hate coins so much.

Also may want to consider putting the $500 bill back into circulation due to inflation.

So if I buy something for $4.30 and give the cashier a $20 I'll get 3 fives 2 quarters and 4 nickels.

That's 1 extra bill and 2 extra coins than what I would get now.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
So if I buy something for $4.30 and give the cashier a $20 I'll get 3 fives 2 quarters and 4 nickels.

That's 1 extra bill and 2 extra coins than what I would get now.

Use your debit card, hippy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)

I just wish I would have been timely enough to take advantage of the dollar coins for frequent flier miles scam before the feds kiboshed it last year.

For the record, I do like large-denomination coins and I wish it would have caught on here. I loved the size and heft of a one pound coin and the fact that I could buy a half-pint and pay for it with a single coin about the size of a thick penny was psychologically soothing.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
I actually find myself paying with my debit card even when I have enough cash, just to avoid getting pennies.

=====

Eliminating pennies and dollar bills is a good start, but I'd go further.

Eliminate dimes, half-dollars, ten dollar bills, and fifty dollar bills.

All the currency you need are nickels, quarters, dollar coins, fives, twenties, and hundreds. Though unnecessary, I would keep the $2 bill around to appease the people who hate coins so much.

Also may want to consider putting the $500 bill back into circulation due to inflation.

But think of the strippers!