Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Seems UVerse has rigged their system where I can NOT record TV to my DVD recorder. ANyone know of a way around this? I record True Blood for people at work.

Yes, actually, I have figured it out. But I'm not sure if I can explain it to you. :lol:

Basically, you have only one signal feed, so you can't watch tv and record at the same time. I have a switch box so if I'm watching a DVD I can capture the signal on my capture card.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
Yes, actually, I have figured it out. But I'm not sure if I can explain it to you. :lol:

Basically, you have only one signal feed, so you can't watch tv and record at the same time. I have a switch box so if I'm watching a DVD I can capture the signal on my capture card.

So if I leave the cable box on and DVD recorder on, but tv off it will work?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
So if I leave the cable box on and DVD recorder on, but tv off it will work?

Is there a way to see what you're burning (or preview the signal) on the computer while you watch something else?

I don't know if the switch box I have sort of tricks the system to make it think it's not on TV or not (interupts the signal to make it not be viewable except to what you're watching at the time, like your PC)/.

Now you got me curious to see if it still works, I'll have to check. BRB. :lol:

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
Is there a way to see what you're burning (or preview the signal) on the computer while you watch something else?

I don't know if the switch box I have sort of tricks the system to make it think it's not on TV or not (interupts the signal to make it not be viewable except to what you're watching at the time, like your PC)/.

Now you got me curious to see if it still works, I'll have to check. BRB. :lol:

I'll check the technology thread from now on.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:57 AM)
Chipotle can keep it. If a Chipotle was right next door and the closest Taco Bell was 15 minutes away, I would go to the Taco Bell 100% of the time and not think twice about it.

My lord, really? Taco Bell is marginally suitable for human consumption. I can see not being a big fan of Chiptole, but to go out of your way to choose disgusting, grade C beef on purpose? Yikes.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
NSS believes, iirc.

lol wut? Uh, no. I'd suggest there is a basically zero percent chance that a large primate species has existed in the Pacific Northwest alongside humans for this long without a single one being believably documented, ever.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
My lord, really? Taco Bell is marginally suitable for human consumption. I can see not being a big fan of Chiptole, but to go out of your way to choose disgusting, grade C beef on purpose? Yikes.

I'm clearly no 'foodie' but I'm totally ok with the processed 'meat' from Taco Bell. If they told me it was made out of cat, I would still eat it. If they killed the cat in front of me, I would still eat it.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
I'm clearly no 'foodie' but I'm totally ok with the processed 'meat' from Taco Bell. If they told me it was made out of cat, I would still eat it. If they killed the cat in front of me, I would still eat it.

Anxiously awaiting Sqwert's response and hoping he lives up to the expectations.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)

:notworthy

Short of it being made out of humans, I'll eat any animal that tastes good. I might not try it if I knew from the beginning that it was a cat, but if you snuck it by me and told me later what it was and I enjoyed it, I would not surprise myself if I ate it again.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
lol wut? Uh, no. I'd suggest there is a basically zero percent chance that a large primate species has existed in the Pacific Northwest alongside humans for this long without a single one being believably documented, ever.

Okay, then it was Balta. It was one of you guys.

Weird s*** with my Cricket phone. The last hour I've been getting these phone calls from an unknown number, which in itself isn't that odd, but what's strange is my phone will automatically pick up the call. And it'll always pick up the call on the first ring. On the other end is no sound, and the call ends within 30 seconds.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
Weird s*** with my Cricket phone. The last hour I've been getting these phone calls from an unknown number, which in itself isn't that odd, but what's strange is my phone will automatically pick up the call. And it'll always pick up the call on the first ring. On the other end is no sound, and the call ends within 30 seconds.

Get a call blocker app and enter that phone number.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
Leaving for vacation tomorrow for two weeks. I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Cardinals game tomorrow and then Lake Norfolk in Arkansas for the rest of the time!

Nice! Have fun. I was just in St. Louis over 4th of July weekend. Definitely hit Lumiere Place.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
Leaving for vacation tomorrow for two weeks. I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Cardinals game tomorrow and then Lake Norfolk in Arkansas for the rest of the time!

I'm taking time off finally soon as well. Going down to St. Louis to see family. Than going to Arizona for two weeks in August. Love it out there. Would love to find a job and not come back there. Ha