Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
So I have a Kindle app for my droid and recently downloaded a couple E-books for it. Is there any way I can transfer that to my laptop so I can read it on my computer screen? Or some cable I can buy to read it through my monitor while leaving it on my phone?

Assuming you got your e-books at amazon, you can go through the manage my kindle page at amazon.com and send it to the kindle for pc app.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
My in-laws have a newspaper that shows the listing of their house when they bought it.

On the exact same page there is a listing of my parents' house. We lived there until I was in the 3rd grade.

I recently started seeing a girl who's parents house is a house that my parents put a bid on but lost out because her mother had beaten them by a couple days. This was back in 1983 before either of us was born.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Can you remember ever hearing a story and thinking how incredibly unlikely it was?

JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH, PEOPLE!

I seem to recall reading or seeing at one point in time that a person was struck by lightning twice in the same day and lived.

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 07:17 AM)
I assume it's a reference to the bridge collapse?

I frequently drive over the bridge they built to replace the one that collapsed. It's still kind of eerie -- partly because it's so obviously new and whatnot, partly because you know what happened there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
Indiana and Iowa are more known for those. Madison County (as in Bridges Over) is in Iowa, not Wisconsin.

No idea honestly, it was just the first thing that popped into my head. I can't imagine they were making fun of the I-35 tragedy though. The picture seems to be not in that spirit at all. It is more like silly stereotypes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
Appears was chosen because we're detecting these thousands of other planetary systems with Kepler using light from stars. And we're detecting thousands. And if you do basic statistics, the numbers out there must be enormous.

Just ecause we don't know everything doesn't mean what we've already established isn't incredible.

I never said space and what we know of it wasn't incredible, just that our limited knowledge of everything makes it impossible to say other life must exist outside of our solar system.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
http://www.cracked.com/article_18788_the-5...er4=recommended

Incredibly unlikely things that happened.

My wife's grandfather was an orphan who was separated from his family when he was 2. He spent his entire childhood in an orphanage in rural Tennessee. Back then they would not tell you anything about your family. So he spent decades trying to track down the brother and sister he vaguely remembered. While in some small town in Texas, while in his early 60's he is standing in line as some random gas station while the guy in front of him is writing a check. He looks over the guys shoulder and sees that the guys last name is the same. He strikes up a conversation and figures out that this is his brother he hasn't seen for over 60 years. The two brothers and the sister get together a few months later for the only meeting they ever had. 2 months later, my wife's grandfather passed away from a horribly advanced prostate cancer.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Can you remember ever hearing a story and thinking how incredibly unlikely it was?

JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH, PEOPLE!

The St. Louis Cardinals, 2011 World Series, game 6.

Hell, most of the rest of their season too. Ditto the Red Sox/Braves collapses.

That's why one becomes a sports fan.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)
My wife's grandfather was an orphan who was separated from his family when he was 2. He spent his entire childhood in an orphanage in rural Tennessee. Back then they would not tell you anything about your family. So he spent decades trying to track down the brother and sister he vaguely remembered. While in some small town in Texas, while in his early 60's he is standing in line as some random gas station while the guy in front of him is writing a check. He looks over the guys shoulder and sees that the guys last name is the same. He strikes up a conversation and figures out that this is his brother he hasn't seen for over 60 years. The two brothers and the sister get together a few months later for the only meeting they ever had. 2 months later, my wife's grandfather passed away from a horribly advanced prostate cancer.

Wow. That is crazy.

That is really cool that he got to meet his family, if even for just one time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)

That is an awesome story. It seriously sounds made up, that's how cool it is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 08:23 AM)
The St. Louis Cardinals, 2011 World Series, game 6.

Hell, most of the rest of their season too. Ditto the Red Sox/Braves collapses.

That's why one becomes a sports fan.

That's why one becomes a baseball fan. There is no other sport like it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
Wow. That is crazy.

That is really cool that he got to meet his family, if even for just one time.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
That is an awesome story. It seriously sounds made up, that's how cool it is.

The cool part is now the extended families are all friends. Both of the brothers from the original generation are gone, but the sister is still alive. Her kids and the other kids (wife's parents generation) get together usually about once a year.