Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
Kazakhstan is its own sovereign country, is it not? Why would Russia be conducting launches from there?

Uniformed guess: the facilities were built during the cold war/Soviet Union and Kazakhstan allows them to keep using it.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
Uniformed guess: the facilities were built during the cold war/Soviet Union and Kazakhstan allows them to keep using it.

That makes sense, but jeez, Russia is enormous. You'd think they'd have another launching area somewhere in there.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 04:55 AM)
Q, you're in college, why the f*** you on soxtalk right now? Andrew, you back in NY yet? Shack...go Andy Dalton!

And those are the people on ST right now.

Yes!

I'm stuck at work, so I'm studying today's games...

What's your angle?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Q, you're in college, why the f*** you on soxtalk right now? Andrew, you back in NY yet? Shack...go Andy Dalton!

May next year.

Hitting up Chi-Town for a few days probably also.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 04:58 AM)
Yes!

I'm stuck at work, so I'm studying today's games...

What's your angle?

You know what, I'd stay away from this Cinci-Pitt game. I think the Bungles are for real but I actually think Pitt is going to win this game, I know that makes no sense but talk to me in the playoffs i guess?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 05:03 AM)
You know what, I'd stay away from this Cinci-Pitt game. I think the Bungles are for real but I actually think Pitt is going to win this game, I know that makes no sense but talk to me in the playoffs i guess?

Hah, I meant what's your excuse for still being awake and on Soxtalk :)

I have no real feeling on the Pitts/Cinci game...Pittsburgh is about a touchdown better in my opinion, so they should cover, but they've been turning the ball over far too much and the Bengals do not, so it might be closer than it should be. I'll pass on it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 05:15 AM)
Hah, I meant what's your excuse for still being awake and on Soxtalk :)

I have no real feeling on the Pitts/Cinci game...Pittsburgh is about a touchdown better in my opinion, so they should cover, but they've been turning the ball over far too much and the Bengals do not, so it might be closer than it should be. I'll pass on it.

Challenged to drinking a lot of beer, that's my angle, and wow, sorry for misreading what you meant...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 04:55 AM)

When the f*** was this?

I was probably chilling in my dorm lounge with people. Not a big partier.

SoxTalk = ultimate downtime site.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 04:59 AM)
Hitting up Chi-Town for a few days probably also.

You still down to get the party crackin when you get here Andy? I just bought the party hat. :)

And just came back from Vegas. Other than only being there for 3 days it was just outstanding. Never forget what I did there (well accept the first night where I blacked out). :lol:

Anthropology paper... "Deconstruct an item from popular American culture (music video, commercial, song, television show, image, etc.) using the material you have learned throughout this course. You may study any medium of expression to find patterns that elucidate an aspect of American culture (e.g., kinship, marriage practices, gender roles, social hierarchies, cultural construction of violence). Choose something that you can observe and which lends itself to analysis. Spend plenty of time observing or studying your item while taking detailed notes. Once you have done this look for patterns. It is up to you to pick a topic that will give you insights into American culture."

Any suggestions?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 05:55 AM)

I apparently had a fun time drunk posting on ST Saturday night/Sunday morning. Guess I got bored when all my friends passed out on me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
I apparently had a fun time drunk posting on ST Saturday night/Sunday morning. Guess I got bored when all my friends passed out on me.

In terms of drunk poster hilarity...

Heads > You > J4L > Wite