2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
I've seen The Cider House Rules and Moon in the last two days.

I came closer to crying watching The Cider House Rules than I have watching a movie since probably Schindler's List.

To this day, Tim Allen's radio commericials for Michigan sometimes get me, because of the same music.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
To this day, Tim Allen's radio commericials for Michigan sometimes get me, because of the same music.

I hadn't noticed that. Gonna have to pay attention next time.

But yeah, I swear I almost lost it three separate times during that movie. When the kid from Malcolm In The Middle died, when Michael Caine was crying outside the boys' door when they said goodnight to him, and when Caine (I'm pretty positive) killed himself. I've always been a big Michael Caine fan, so that might have played a part in it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
I can see where some people would get bored, seeing as it's basically one actor on screen the entire time and no explosions, but I loved it.

Yah Moon is pretty much a revelation.

That part where he kind of breaks down near the end and says "I just want to go home" really gets to me, cause you know he's probably not going to make it back. Even when you're homesick you know you'll return eventually, but in this case he just never was going to go home, and in reality he never really was there in the first place. Bums me out.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Yah Moon is pretty much a revelation.

That part where he kind of breaks down near the end and says "I just want to go home" really gets to me, cause you know he's probably not going to make it back. Even when you're homesick you know you'll return eventually, but in this case he just never was going to go home, and in reality he never really was there in the first place. Bums me out.

I didn't read up on the movie before I saw it, so I had no idea that it was going in that direction. I thought it was just about a guy living on the moon by himself and dealing with it.

I saw The King's Speech over the weekend--a-f***ing-mazing. The two hours just flew by. I also had forgotten how great of an actress Helena Bonham Carter is when she isn't trying to out-crazy everyone in the world.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful film.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
IMDB's rating system is worthless as it's run by nerds with too much time on their hands.

Still the best around me thinks. It sometimes rewards movies that have just come out a little too much, but that usually balances out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
Definition of a teaser but what do you really need to show in this to get people interested. Probably not much.

I hope that Ken Jeong's drug dealer character and a drug cartel are involved. It looks like Central or South America.

Unknown... 2 1/2 stars, not nearly as good as TAKEN, preposterous plot, January Jones looks like she's on Dawson's Creek and Diane Kruger, for some reason, is playing a Bosnian refugee taxi driver even though most of the action/movie takes place in her native Germany

Cedar Rapids....3 1/2 stars, very funny movie, you just have to see it, it's a bit quirky but the lead actor (from Hangover) and Anne Heche and John C. Reilly were all cracking me up throughout this movie, plus I'm from Iowa (fyi, the majority of the movie was actually filmed in Michigan)

Hall Pass....DVD/rental, not worth the admission price but probably worth a rental for diehard Owen Wilson or SNL fans

Just Go With It....same category as Hall Pass, Jennifer Aniston actually was pretty decent in this one

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
Unknown... 2 1/2 stars, not nearly as good as TAKEN, preposterous plot, January Jones looks like she's on Dawson's Creek and Diane Kruger, for some reason, is playing a Bosnian refugee taxi driver even though most of the action/movie takes place in her native Germany

Cedar Rapids....3 1/2 stars, very funny movie, you just have to see it, it's a bit quirky but the lead actor (from Hangover) and Anne Heche and John C. Reilly were all cracking me up throughout this movie, plus I'm from Iowa (fyi, the majority of the movie was actually filmed in Michigan)

Hall Pass....DVD/rental, not worth the admission price but probably worth a rental for diehard Owen Wilson or SNL fans

Just Go With It....same category as Hall Pass, Jennifer Aniston actually was pretty decent in this one

YOu'll be seeing many more films from the Ann Arbor area and Michigan in general with the tax cuts given to filmmakers in the state now. I know there's one film with George Clooney in it being filmed in Ann Arbor now or recently.