2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
It was actually pretty solid. Give it a try.

I haven't been going to as many movies as I normally do in the last few months. It's gonna take some seriously good-looking movies to get me to start going again on a regular basis.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
I haven't been going to as many movies as I normally do in the last few months. It's gonna take some seriously good-looking movies to get me to start going again on a regular basis.

I was referring to that restaurant, weirdo.

I saw adjustment bureau. Wasn't bad, but wasn't good, and in hindsight I would have waited for it to come to RedBox. First movie I've seen in the theatre in a long time, but seemed like it was getting pretty solid ratings places.

I disagree. Just cause it was different, doesn't necessarily make it great and I thought the overall story was kind of meh.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
I saw adjustment bureau. Wasn't bad, but wasn't good, and in hindsight I would have waited for it to come to RedBox. First movie I've seen in the theatre in a long time, but seemed like it was getting pretty solid ratings places.

I disagree. Just cause it was different, doesn't necessarily make it great and I thought the overall story was kind of meh.

It seemed like a chick flick posing as an action movie

FWIW....Ebert gives Battle-Los Angeles a whopping half-star. After getting sucked into wasting time and money with Skyline i was really hoping this would be good. I don't usually listen to critics but usually Ebert and i have the same taste in movies if not for the same reasons.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
Well, I have no The Adjustment Bureau review as the theater lost power 20 minutes in last night.

I'm gonna go see it next week, Emily Blunt is worth the price of admission...yummy.

Epic ending to Ebert's review of Battle: Los Angeles:

Young men: If you attend this crap with friends who admire it, tactfully inform them they are idiots. Young women: If your date likes this movie, tell him you've been thinking it over, and you think you should consider spending some time apart.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
saw Blue Velvet at the Music Box last night.. Aside from the mass amount of showerless hipsters it was a great experience to see one of my top 5 movies of all time on the big screen.

"What's your favorite beer?"

I saw the Adjustment Bureau last weekend. I loved the concept, and how it all worked, but I didn't like the focus of the movie. It was a complete love story and really didn't interest me. Would have been great if the movie was about a government cover up or secret or something important to the world, and not just about a guy who can't let a girl go.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
FWIW....Ebert gives Battle-Los Angeles a whopping half-star. After getting sucked into wasting time and money with Skyline i was really hoping this would be good. I don't usually listen to critics but usually Ebert and i have the same taste in movies if not for the same reasons.

Skyline was sooo bad, and I thought it was going to be awesome.. it was really so, so bad though.. I am still going to go see Battle LA at midnight though, theres no way I can be let down twice in a row, right?

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Skyline was sooo bad, and I thought it was going to be awesome.. it was really so, so bad though.. I am still going to go see Battle LA at midnight though, theres no way I can be let down twice in a row, right?

well?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
well?

It was much better than Skyline, which isn't hard to accomplish... If I had to describe it, it was kind of like District 9 but more fighting.. I liked it

It also seemed to be more about a small group of people trying to find a way to survive and reach help than it was, you know, just like the US Army vs Aliens or something.. it was entertaining

Arrested Development movie will come out this year.

Has anyone here even seen a chicken? Because you might want to learn to dance like one so that you can properly celebrate.

Just a few days after actor Peter Serafinowicz said that 'Arrested Development' creator Mitch Hurwitz was writing the long-awaited film to the tragically cancelled sitcom, the GOB-father himself is confirming the news -- and even one-upping Serafinowicz in the great scoop department.

Hurwitz told Digital Spy that he is in fact writing the film -- and hopes to get it produced and released within the year. He's just not making too big of a deal of it yet, given his fans' emotional commitment and fervor to the project.

"But I don't like to toy with the affections of our fans," he said. "They've been so supportive and we're so grateful, so I kind of hate to answer the question until I can say, 'Yep, we've shot it, it opens next week'. Otherwise it feels like we're toying with people and we do not mean to do that. It has just taken a while to get it going."

Regardless, even a glimmer of hope is good news for 'Arrested' fans, who have been waiting -- nay, praying for -- a film since FOX canceled the series in 2006. It's been a rocky road, to say the least.

In February 2009, it was reported that breakout star Michael Cera was a roadblock to the film, but a month later, it seemed all systems go.

In June 2010, star David Cross said it wasn't happening, but after Serafinowicz, and earlier, Ron Howard, gave fans hope, we hear from the horse's mouth that all systems are go.