2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
The quality of the CGI has that big of an impact on how you judge a movie?

If you saw the trailer you'd know what he's talking about. It's distractingly bad.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought "Black Swan" was pretty good, and Natalie Portman was excellent. However, anybody renting it for the love scene (I didn't) should just rewatch "Wild Things" instead.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
I thought "Black Swan" was pretty good, and Natalie Portman was excellent. However, anybody renting it for the love scene (I didn't) should just rewatch "Wild Things" instead.

I don't think anyone who rents that movie is doing it for that scene. A quick google search yields it anyway.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
If you saw the trailer you'd know what he's talking about. It's distractingly bad.

The first Green Lantern trailer was a fail. Even the director commented on how bad the trailer was. They have a newer one out now that's a lot better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
I don't think anyone who rents that movie is doing it for that scene. A quick google search yields it anyway.

Yeah, I know. But given the amount of hype it received, I was sort of surprised that it didn't do more for me. Then again, I was into the film, and the scene fit in well with the plot. I didn't think it was gratuitous or put there for mere "shock value" at all.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)

Yeah, I made this exact comment to my wife. And did they really need to CGI the mask on his face? It looks awful.

The producers threw another 9 million at Green Lantern to make the CGI better, and the trailers are getting much better looking

http://screenrant.com/green-lanterns-theat...ler-rob-113757/

This is the second trailer. I agree about the mask, but personally I think any facemask like that looks stupid unless it is in the comics

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
I agree about the mask, but personally I think any facemask like that looks stupid unless it is in the comics

Terrible movies, but the Robin in Joel Schumacher's Batman flicks had a cool looking mask of that ilk.

1211749931.jpg

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Terrible movies, but the Robin in Joel Schumacher's Batman flicks had a cool looking mask of that ilk.

1211749931.jpg

I just think those masks are bad overall. Does someone really know that it isnt you if you wear that?

pssst, Robins nipples are showing

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
The quality of the CGI has that big of an impact on how you judge a movie?

When the CGI is this awful yes. It is distracting when the aliens look as laughably fake as they do in the Green Lantern and I don't think it bodes well for the rest of the movie when the effects in a presumably effects driven movie are that awful.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 10, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
When I was a kid I noticed that Prince Adam and He-man looked exactly alike as well.

I dont like what you are inferring here. Prince Adam has way too much to do with his life to bother being a shirtless pelt wearing superhero

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 10, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
I love comic book movies, but have never read a single comic book in my life. I used to watch the X-Men, Batman, and Spider-man cartoons, though. I also hate Ryan Reynolds, but I'm not familiar with the personality of the Green Lantern. Does he fit it well?

No, Deadpool should not be trying to portray the Green Lantern.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 10, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
I love comic book movies, but have never read a single comic book in my life. I used to watch the X-Men, Batman, and Spider-man cartoons, though. I also hate Ryan Reynolds, but I'm not familiar with the personality of the Green Lantern. Does he fit it well?

there is a couple different iterations of Green Lantern through the years. The guy that RR is playing(Hal Jordan) is supposed to be an incredibly self centered jerk. He actually goes bad in the comics(then I think he comes back to Green Lantern later on again). The Green Lantern chose him because he is fearless.

But strangely enough, his sense of humor is very appropriate for Deadpool

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
there is a couple different iterations of Green Lantern through the years. The guy that RR is playing(Hal Jordan) is supposed to be an incredibly self centered jerk. He actually goes bad in the comics(then I think he comes back to Green Lantern later on again). The Green Lantern chose him because he is fearless.

I was just making a joke because I hate when actors play multiple roles like that. I never read comics but I did watch batman/Spiderman/X-Men etc growing up. So to me, if someone plays a major character in one superhero film, it kind of takes away from who they play in another. At least to me it does.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 10, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
I was just making a joke because I hate when actors play multiple roles like that. I never read comics but I did watch batman/Spiderman/X-Men etc growing up. So to me, if someone plays a major character in one superhero film, it kind of takes away from who they play in another. At least to me it does.

Well not only is it odd to see someone playing multiple heros in different movies, but this is a marvel character and a DC character. That is pretty crazy in itself that both franchises would allow it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)

Nerd.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)

He's more cocky than a jerk. Which could work well with RR. I'm just afraid there's going to be too much humor in this.

Also part of the reason he went bad in the comics was because they blew up his city, killing 7 million people. So you could see why he would be pissed.

Nerd rant over.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
Nerd.

Go back to your videogame expositories, my nerd friend, I always have an endless need to find out which game is the most beautiful ever ;)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
Go back to your videogame expositories, my nerd friend, I always have an endless need to find out which game is the most beautiful ever ;)

I'm predicting Arkham City as the next game I don't STFU about.

The first two seasons of SOA are now streaming on Netflix so I may get around to checking it out.

Wonder if they will have Danny Trejo's decapitated head on the back of a turtle. /breakingbad

QUOTE (Brian @ May 13, 2011 -> 06:35 AM)
The first two seasons of SOA are now streaming on Netflix so I may get around to checking it out.

Wonder if they will have Danny Trejo's decapitated head on the back of a turtle. /breakingbad

Brian with the thread FAIL