2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Those are my thoughts exactly.. I thought it had its funny parts but they really overdid Chows character and made Alan out to be a completely outrageous moron which made him not as lovable as he was in the first.

Yes, chow sucked.. and what was the deal with Alan at the very beginning of the movie? he wasn't like that in the first one..

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:40 AM)
nay, was suppose to be though

If there's something they missed, it's the surprise cameo. First it was going to be Mel Gibson, then Liam Neeson, then it went to little known Nick Cassavetes. That was a perfect part for a known actor to play themselves totally out of character ala Cruise in Tropic Thunder.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
Its not that you dont think its hilarious, its just that some people here are making it seem like they sat there the entire movie and just "chuckled" at some parts, which I just find hard to believe.. im not saying it was a masterpiece, but man, how can you not laugh at most of that movie?

Also milk, that was obviously not a real penis so it was less gross than what happened with kimmy, yikes..

Still pretty gross, man :lolhitting

And I don't know what to say. I honestly didn't laugh out loud once. I can't put it into better terms. It's almost like listening to a person attempting to be funny that tries too hard, maybe? He's a good guy and he's not the most boring person ever, but he's just not funny and tries way too much.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 01:51 AM)
Yes, chow sucked.. and what was the deal with Alan at the very beginning of the movie? he wasn't like that in the first one..

yeah, im sure i wouldve enjoyed the movie more if i hadnt watched it with a girl with the personality of a salamander

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
yeah, im sure i wouldve enjoyed the movie more if i hadnt watched it with a girl with the personality of a salamander

The 2 salamanders that I know are quite eccentric.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)

I thought this was a funny exchange. Maybe I just really like the characters.

Stu: “It’s my bachelor brunch. Go crazy. Get some chocolate chip pancakes.A lap dance from the waitress.”

Phil: “That’s bulls***. You can’t just skip out on a bachelor party Stu.”

Phil: “What? Well I refuse to eat f***ing cantaloupe at a bachelor party.”

Phil: “Oh please. You wouldn’t even be with her if it wasn’t for us.”

Stu: “Oh, this will be good.”

Phil: “Stu, think about it. You ended up ditching Mellisa and two years later you meet your true soulmate. You take Vegas out of that equation and you would have married a c***.” {restaurant patrons shocked at the language}

Phil: “Oh it’s ok. No it’s ok. It’s a bachelor party. Drink up everybody. Oh wait, there’s no alcohol I forgot we’re at a f***ing IHOP!”

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
I thought this was a funny exchange. Maybe I just really like the characters.

Stu: “It’s my bachelor brunch. Go crazy. Get some chocolate chip pancakes.A lap dance from the waitress.”

Phil: “That’s bulls***. You can’t just skip out on a bachelor party Stu.”

Phil: “What? Well I refuse to eat f***ing cantaloupe at a bachelor party.”

Phil: “Oh please. You wouldn’t even be with her if it wasn’t for us.”

Stu: “Oh, this will be good.”

Phil: “Stu, think about it. You ended up ditching Mellisa and two years later you meet your true soulmate. You take Vegas out of that equation and you would have married a c***.” {restaurant patrons shocked at the language}

Phil: “Oh it’s ok. No it’s ok. It’s a bachelor party. Drink up everybody. Oh wait, there’s no alcohol I forgot we’re at a f***ing IHOP!”

I loved that part

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 12:51 AM)
Mary and Max was really good. Its an Australian claymation style animated film. You can watch it instantly on Netflix.

Quite the sad little story.

There is another film touching the same subject that i watched the same day... a bit different for the romance genre.

Completely off topic... but more people need to see the man from earth... just curious what people have to say.

I don't personally know a person who has disliked the film. Milkman or sqwert, i'm looking at you.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 03:39 AM)
thanks alot A.J. so you think i dont have the mental capacity to process obscure movies? :fight

I wouldn't even classify the man from earth as obscure. Now if you truly wanted to know about some obscure movies... you have asked the right guy.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 03:15 AM)
Completely off topic... but more people need to see the man from earth... just curious what people have to say.

I don't personally know a person who has disliked the film. Milkman or sqwert, i'm looking at you.

Just added it to the queue. Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, All Good Things was a fascinating story. The film was a little long winded though. Some nice dramatic cameos from Kristen Wiig and Ron Swanson from Parks and Recs.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Anybody else really excited for "Gettysburg" on the history channel tonight?

I went back and watched it finally. It was all right. I expected something a little more Historyish from it, but I got what I feel like would be the Hollywood version of Gettysburg, complete with the dramatic bullet entries, crazy bloodsplatters, and extra-disgusting limb destruction. Eh.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 03:15 AM)
Quite the sad little story.

There is another film touching the same subject that i watched the same day... a bit different for the romance genre.

I added it, but it might be a while before I actually watch it. I haven't been in a mood to watch movies in a while. I've had the same two DVDs just sitting on my table for almost a month now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 07:42 AM)
I went back and watched it finally. It was all right. I expected something a little more Historyish from it, but I got what I feel like would be the Hollywood version of Gettysburg, complete with the dramatic bullet entries, crazy bloodsplatters, and extra-disgusting limb destruction. Eh.

My memory and attention span were offended when they would play about 10 mins of it, go to commercials, and repeat the last 5 minutes before they moved on.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
My memory and attention span were offended when they would play about 10 mins of it, go to commercials, and repeat the last 5 minutes before they moved on.

Welcome to the History Channel. I had the same issue with their pretty poor America: The Story of Us.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
History and Discovery have been garbage for years now.

Occasionally you'll find something interesting, but not usually in their ghosts of dead alaskan truckers shows.