2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

Saw Jackass 3 and Black Swan over the weekend. Jackass was pretty hilarious, as usual.

Black Swan. Meh. I didn't get the hype for this movie. Portman was good and it was well done, but at the end of the day the story just sucked and I was checking the clock to see how much longer I had to go to finish it. There were way too many long, drawn out scenes between the really good ones (the sex scene, the various mirror shots, the scene in her mother's painting room, the scene near the end in her dressing room, etc). And who didn't see the ending coming? As soon as you saw the practice for the end of the ballet you knew how the movie would end.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
I know Rosie is a terrible actress in Transformers 3, but goodness, she's good looking in some of those outfits.

Which is why she should stick to being a model and never be cast in a movie again unless she takes all her clothes off.

Also, I watched Transformers 3 last night. I enjoyed the first Transformers but the last two have been unbearable. Even ignoring the hilarious amount of inconsistencies between this movie and the previous 2 installments, the plot was still a mess. The nicest thing I can say about the movie is that it isn't as dreadful as Transformers 2. I really wish a director with even an ounce of talent made that movie. Every human character is awful. Shia LaBeouf and Rosie's characters are so bad that I was actively rooting for them to be killed. Turturro's character got more annoying and ridiculous with each film. The human villain was laughably bad. Was there even a point to John Malkovich's character being in the movie other than being a horrible failure to add comic relief? At least Bay didn't f*** up the action scenes like he did in Transformers 2 (and frankly even the actions scenes occur for no rhyme or reason and are clearly just Bay thinking up some cool set pieces and throwing them together even if they don't really fit together). Also, I nominate Rosie's speech to Megatron as a top 5 worst movie scene of all time (although it would also be in my top 5 unintentionally hilarious scenes ever and was the only time I laughed during the movie).

And can someone please explain to me why Shia continues to get rolls in big movies? He is an awful actor and just seems like a complete dick of a human being as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
I do not find her attractive at all.

This. She isn't unattractive, just has an odd face...or something...I can't really put my finger on it.

In any case, I don't understand why so many actresses (movies and TV) are put on a level above "ordinary" women. It's not uncommon for me to see women in my everyday life that I think are far better looking than a lot of the actresses/celebrities held up as paragons of beauty and elegance. This is especially true when you consider the amount of money and free time these actresses/celebrities can dedicate to maintaining or improving their looks.

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
This. She isn't unattractive, just has an odd face...or something...I can't really put my finger on it.

In any case, I don't understand why so many actresses (movies and TV) are put on a level above "ordinary" women. It's not uncommon for me to see women in my everyday life that I think are far better looking than a lot of the actresses/celebrities held up as paragons of beauty and elegance. This is especially true when you consider the amount of money and free time these actresses/celebrities can dedicate to maintaining or improving their looks.

I agree with your second paragraph. And in regards to the Transformers girl, it's her nose that's weird.

From afar, she's amazing in those skirts and heels.

Up close, too much plastic surgery. Just feels/seems unnatural. I'd take Cameron Diaz's personality anytime.

The way she ended up with him...jobless, yet living together in a penthouse type apartment? Why would she ever be with him?

I still don't get how the 200+ Decepticons "disappeared" and were able to be defeated by 9 Autobots and the "NEST/SEALS" teams.

I don't get why they tried to make Megatron into an Osama bin Laden-esque bandit hiding in Africa.

But the two scenes with Rosie.....one with her "glancing into the distance with everything blowing up around her behind her in Chicago" and then her speech to Megatron. It just doesn't fit the entire personality of Megatron throughout the entire series.

And the ending sucked. I actually liked it until the final 15-20 minutes.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
From afar, she's amazing in those skirts and heels.

Up close, too much plastic surgery. Just feels/seems unnatural. I'd take Cameron Diaz's personality anytime.

The way she ended up with him...jobless, yet living together in a penthouse type apartment? Why would she ever be with him?

I still don't get how the 200+ Decepticons "disappeared" and were able to be defeated by 9 Autobots and the "NEST/SEALS" teams.

I don't get why they tried to make Megatron into an Osama bin Laden-esque bandit hiding in Africa.

But the two scenes with Rosie.....one with her "glancing into the distance with everything blowing up around her behind her in Chicago" and then her speech to Megatron. It just doesn't fit the entire personality of Megatron throughout the entire series.

And the ending sucked. I actually liked it until the final 15-20 minutes.

Yeah Megatron would have stood up and pounded her flat in the first two movies.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)

I was at a CVS yesterday to buy milk and I saw the most amazing, drop dead gorgeous woman. She's probably some accountant somewhere.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
I was at a CVS yesterday to buy milk and I saw the most amazing, drop dead gorgeous woman. She's probably some accountant somewhere.

My wife was at CVS last night.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
so...4 weeks later I finally saw bridesmaids. And i consider it very highly on my all-time comedy list.

Damn right.

Be careful though, there's women in it so people will make fun of you for seeing a "chick flick".

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Damn right.

Be careful though, there's women in it so people will make fun of you for seeing a "chick flick".

As someone who dates a very funny woman, i quite liked seeing them in a role more than props to get f***ed over (in every way) by doofus male characters, or the "men are stupid, women comment on it" roles. I hope we do see more films like this.