2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
Nah, see, the original Superman movies were eons ago, and the latest reboot was a disaster. Plus, that suit looks f***ing awesome!

The suit does look pretty cool. Still, im pretty disappointed that they chose to do another origin story, hopefully it isnt a full origin story and instead only some flashbacks here and there. We know how he got here, lets get past that and go straight to brainiac please

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)

Watched that last night and thought it looked pretty interesting. Definitely not your typical alien invasion flick.

Also saw the trailer for Timberlake's new movie. Pretty cool idea ala Inception (something new and creative)

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/intime/

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Well, I thought THE CHANGE UP was hilarious but it is getting ripped to shreds by critics. Oh well.

Not boxoffice.com, they love it.

Cowboys & Aliens is worse than Wild Wild West. What the hell were Jon Favreau and Spielberg thinking?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
Cowboys & Aliens is worse than Wild Wild West. What the hell were Jon Favreau and Spielberg thinking?

Whaaaaaaat?

I really enjoyed Cowboys and Aliens.. I thought that was a pretty fresh story in terms of an Alien invasion movie..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)

For some reason that Darkest Hour movie is giving me a Langoliers vibe. Some unknown entity is destroying the world/mankind but we don't know what it is or how to defeat it. Having said that, nothing can be as bad as the Langoliers was so I'm still interested to see more about this.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
For some reason that Darkest Hour movie is giving me a Langoliers vibe. Some unknown entity is destroying the world/mankind but we don't know what it is or how to defeat it. Having said that, nothing can be as bad as the Langoliers was so I'm still interested to see more about this.

The Langoliers only destroyed "the past".

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
NObody saw Planet of the Apes or The Change-Up yet?

I thought CHANGE UP was hilarious but the only critic I saw that also liked it was Roeper.

I guess I'd have to go with the standard "pretty good but not great" comment on Planet of the Apes.

They spent a long time in the lab and building the relationship between Caesar and Franco. Not sure if the payoff in the end was worth it...felt like it was bridging to a sequel too much, maybe not.

Frieda Pinto is super super hot, but she was terribly underutilized as "eye candy" and the romance between the two of them seemed like a total afterthought. No chemistry at all between them.

By the way, is there a rule that Olivia Wilde now be in every movie? Sheez. Or Emma Stone? And that "In Time" movie with Timberlake does look like it has the potential to be decent...I'm still at a total loss on whether Amanda Seyfried (also in In Time with Wilde) is hot or not. She has the curves going, but I'm undecided. She's like a lesser version of Scarlett Johansson before she started to get a bit annoying.

The Losers with Saldana, Chris Evans and Jason Patrick, not a bad little action flick at all.

Can't wait for COLOMBIANA. Basically, this movie's a better version of The Expendables with 1/10th the budget.

Next movies are Hesher, Midnight in Paris and The Beaver (Mel Gibson/Jodie Foster)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
Cowboys & Aliens was a lot of fun if you don't overanalyze it.

I like these kinds of posts. It's like saying, "if you ignore the storyline and just look at the pretty colors, it's great!"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
I guess I'd have to go with the standard "pretty good but not great" comment on Planet of the Apes.

They spent a long time in the lab and building the relationship between Caesar and Franco. Not sure if the payoff in the end was worth it...felt like it was bridging to a sequel too much, maybe not.

Frieda Pinto is super super hot, but she was terribly underutilized as "eye candy" and the romance between the two of them seemed like a total afterthought. No chemistry at all between them.

By the way, is there a rule that Olivia Wilde now be in every movie? Sheez. Or Emma Stone? And that "In Time" movie with Timberlake does look like it has the potential to be decent...I'm still at a total loss on whether Amanda Seyfried (also in In Time with Wilde) is hot or not. She has the curves going, but I'm undecided. She's like a lesser version of Scarlett Johansson before she started to get a bit annoying.

The Losers with Saldana, Chris Evans and Jason Patrick, not a bad little action flick at all.

Can't wait for COLOMBIANA. Basically, this movie's a better version of The Expendables with 1/10th the budget.

Next movies are Hesher, Midnight in Paris and The Beaver (Mel Gibson/Jodie Foster)

It's like you're complaining that ROTPOTA was EXACTLY what it was supposed to be.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
I like these kinds of posts. It's like saying, "if you ignore the storyline and just look at the pretty colors, it's great!"

Dude, it was a good movie.. its definitely not like you just described..

Its a very cool take on an alien invasion movie, and of course there are some solid ass actors in it.. I didn't find it to be cheesy like you might get off first impression.. I loved the story, it was an enjoyable movie

But its not a "storyline sucked, but it looked great" kind of movie.. it was solid