2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
It's called Superheroes. It's not about comic ones but actual people that patrol streets in superhero costumes. Quite fascinating.

Was it about these guys. I swear, I read that whole thing half expecting it to end with "none of this really happened" but really wanting it to be true. My obvious reactions (as was predicted in the article) was why don't they just become cops. But yeah, really cool story (again, if it's along the same lines, haven't seen the documentary).

Edited by The Baconator

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
It's called Superheroes. It's not about comic ones but actual people that patrol streets in superhero costumes. Quite fascinating.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Was it about these guys I swear, I read that hole thing half expecting it to end with "none of this really happened" but really wanting it to be true. My obvious reactions (as was predicted in the article) was why don't they just become cops. But yeah, really cool story (again, if it's along the same lines, haven't seen the documentary).

KICK ASS

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
Was it about these guys. I swear, I read that whole thing half expecting it to end with "none of this really happened" but really wanting it to be true. My obvious reactions (as was predicted in the article) was why don't they just become cops. But yeah, really cool story (again, if it's along the same lines, haven't seen the documentary).

The Dark Guardian was in the film. Didn't recognize the others. Check out the documentary if you get a chance. Really cool stuff. The New York Initiative were pretty bad ass.

Speaking of badass... I watched "Predators" last night. I loved, loved, loved the 1987 film... but everything involving "Predators" since has been a disappointment to me.

No more. Robert Rodriguez knocked it out of the park and I wish I'd seen this one in the theater!

I just watched Predators again over the weekend, I saw it in the theaters too, much better than the AVP crap, plus all the nods to the original were really nice. I'd love to see a second one with Royce getting off that planet and going to the Predator home world.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
Speaking of badass... I watched "Predators" last night. I loved, loved, loved the 1987 film... but everything involving "Predators" since has been a disappointment to me.

No more. Robert Rodriguez knocked it out of the park and I wish I'd seen this one in the theater!

Predators was pretty awesome. I loved the tie-ins to the original. I was kind of bummed that Danny Trejo was the first to go though

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)

Yeah, it could be 12/21 and I wouldn't really complain.

I watched the original Swedish version and loved it, but I must say I can't wait to see this because it looks better. It definitely looks more dark...props to Fincher.

Like Kevin Costner in Robin Hood...terrible accent, always happens when Americans try to go for the British accent rather than vice-versa

Final Destination 5/3D, not bad, especially considering one of the best uses of 3D in a long time, Cameron apprentice directed....

Change-Up...don't waste money (i snuck in halfway through), BUT Olivia Wilde, hot hot hot!

Downloading THE WHISTLEBLOWER, supposed to be excellent.

Also want to see THE INTERRUPTERS (Chicago gang intervention doc)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 04:48 AM)
Final Destination 5/3D, not bad, especially considering one of the best uses of 3D in a long time, Cameron apprentice directed....

Final Destination is becoming a lot like the Saw series. The originals were decent, but now they're just recycling the plots and popping in new grisly deaths or torture methods or whatever. It's getting old.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 08:03 AM)
Damn that trailer for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo looks awesome. Definitely look forward to it. Just finished the 2nd book.

Yeah, I too just finished the 2nd book and am waiting for the library to get the 3rd one in... though I might just buy it in paperback since it's so cheap and I can't wait to see what happens next.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
You think he did a good job with the accent? Interesting.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 09:04 AM)
Personally, I think he meant that Con Air would have sucked with or without the accent.

I think Con Air was an awesome movie that owned regardless of any accent. Saying it'd have been entertaining without it is like saying Face/Off would have been a great movie without the ridiculous plotline. Both of those movies were ridiculously entertaining movies just the way they were.

Basically, if you don't have fun/enjoy Con Air, then you're watching it wrong.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
I think Con Air was an awesome movie that owned regardless of any accent. Saying it'd have been entertaining without it is like saying Face/Off would have been a great movie without the ridiculous plotline. Both of those movies were ridiculously entertaining movies just the way they were.

Basically, if you don't have fun/enjoy Con Air, then you're watching it wrong.

agreed. Bloodsport, Cobra, Any Chuck Norris movie, Face/off, The Rock, Con-Air, all of those movies are meant to be watched with suspended disbelief and a smile. Pretty much the same way I watched Transformers

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
agreed. Bloodsport, Cobra, Any Chuck Norris movie, Face/off, The Rock, Con-Air, all of those movies are meant to be watched with suspended disbelief and a smile. Pretty much the same way I watched Transformers

There's a good level of "disbelief" movie and a bad level of it. For example; Transformers 1: good level. Transformers 2: Bad Level. Sometimes the obscure things, like a guy's accent that just won't go away, can push things from one group to the other.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
There's a good level of "disbelief" movie and a bad level of it. For example; Transformers 1: good level. Transformers 2: Bad Level. Sometimes the obscure things, like a guy's accent that just won't go away, can push things from one group to the other.

There is a fine line between "whoa" and "cringeworthy", I agree. I havent really appreciated Nic Cages career arc after Face/Off, he pretty much plays the same guy in various different settings. He did sprinkle in a few movies like Matchstick Men and Leaving Las Vegas that I liked, but on the whole I just didnt like his movies like National Treasure, Ghostrider, Knowing, etc. Same with Transformers 2, it was just bad. T3 DOTM, I liked, but there were still a few cringe moments that could have been avoided.