2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Do you know approximately at which minute mark you appear? I'll definitely look out for you.

I don't know yet. They used the office I was working in at the time (a trading firm in the CBOT) for a couple scenes, I was in them both, but I haven't yet seen the film. The company got a special showing recently, but I no longer work for them, so I couldn't attend.

Look for a scene in an office where an executive is seen talking to a group of employees sitting on some stairs. And if they focus on the guy with the cough, I am about 2 people behind him. The other scene was passing shots of people at desks in that office.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
He's Matt Damon's daughter, I believe.

LOL, nicely done.

The Natural was filmed in 1983 and released in 1984.

It featured a past-his-prime older player played by Robert Redford who was managed by an "crotchety" old manager who never wins, played by Wilford Brimley.

robert-redford-natural-9.jpg936076851.jpg

Today, Robert Redford is 75. Brimley is... 76.

I know he is not for everyone... but i just finished off watching every film woody allen has either wrote or directed. I even watched ''zelig'' again last night for a poster here... leonard zelig. I was going through his filmography several day ago and realized that there were only six films combined that i have not seen. So, naturally, i wiped out what i had not seen... and now i will probably go back and watch a few of his true classics.

I really liked Midnight in Paris and the previous one Allen did, simply because I have a crush on Freida Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire/Planet of the Apes).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bucky_lars...n_to_be_a_star/

Bucky Larson currently fighting it out with Delgo to be the worst wide-release movie ever....hope Nick Swardson didn't buy a $3+ million house in the Kenny "The Genius" Williams Hills just yet, after this one and Your Highness.

When I re-actived NFL RedZone, I also got some other freebies. Included in this was Starz. I just watched a movie on demand called "What Doesn't Kill You", starring Ethan Hawke and Mark Ruffalo.

I'd never heard of it, and was quite surprised with how good it was. There were some plot holes, but overall an enjoyable South Boston con-man story.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
When I re-actived NFL RedZone, I also got some other freebies. Included in this was Starz. I just watched a movie on demand called "What Doesn't Kill You", starring Ethan Hawke and Mark Ruffalo.

I'd never heard of it, and was quite surprised with how good it was. There were some plot holes, but overall an enjoyable South Boston con-man story.

Huh, I just moved to Boston a couple days ago and I've been on a Boston-movie kick. Looks like I'll be checking this one out sometime soon.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:09 PM)
How did anyone think Bucky Larson was going to make money, they advertised the hell out of it too.

As a native Iowan, it's annoying the idiotic stereotype of the local yokel with the protruding overbite and bowl cut.

Seems with this genre of movie, you have to push the envelope as far as possible now...or not make the movie at all. Another example would be Piranha 3D versus Shark Night. I get they want to have a PG rating to attract more teenagers, and most of the teenagers would probably buy a ticket for another movie and then sneak in anyway, but you would think SOMEONE would pull the plug before these movies made it to a theatre. Piranha was always meant to be tongue-in-cheek and they promoted the over-the-top T&A element, so it was relatively successful with that marketing approach at least.

Maybe their egos are simply too big...like Adam Sandler's.

I tried to watch CREATURE online and the worst part about it is that it truly is so bad....it's not even amusing to watch because the horribleness makes it funny or amusing.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Seriously? I'm not even a horror fan, and I enjoyed that. I've only ever walked out of, I believe, two movies in my life. I reserve that for the very worst dreck out there.

but sometimes, you dont even want to walk out of movies that bad because of how bad they are. It is like you have to witness how hilariously bad the movie is.

That happened to me while watching Congo.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
but sometimes, you dont even want to walk out of movies that bad because of how bad they are. It is like you have to witness how hilariously bad the movie is.

That happened to me while watching Congo.

Congo is one of my favorite "bad" movies, but I think Tim Curry makes anything watchable. I actually sat through the entire length of I Know Who Killed Me. So bad that it was funny.

One of the movies I walked out of was The Aristocrats. It started off funny, but it began to feel like (and literally was) just hearing the same joke over and over again. I've since watched it on TV, and I think I made the right choice. After about the first 20 minutes, the mime was the only thing that made me laugh again.

It's sort of funny that Bob Saget is in it, as the movie was the same as his standup. He's funny the first time you see him because "Hey, Danny Tanner is cursing." Then, it's just the same thing over and over again with perhaps a slight variation. I know I shouldn't have expected anything else from the movie, as it is a movie about one particular joke, but it was like listening to a person who's kinda funny but tries way too hard.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
One of the movies I walked out of was The Aristocrats. It started off funny, but it began to feel like (and literally was) just hearing the same joke over and over again. I've since watched it on TV, and I think I made the right choice. After about the first 20 minutes, the mime was the only thing that made me laugh again.

It's sort of funny that Bob Saget is in it, as the movie was the same as his standup. He's funny the first time you see him because "Hey, Danny Tanner is cursing." Then, it's just the same thing over and over again with perhaps a slight variation. I know I shouldn't have expected anything else from the movie, as it is a movie about one particular joke, but it was like listening to a person who's kinda funny but tries way too hard.

I wound up watching it on my laptop on a 6am flight to Denver. It was probably because I was so tired that I got all slap happy and laughed throughout most of it. I couldn't imagine watching it again though.

And of course expectations play a big part in the movie going experience. I popped it in with zero expectations. Had I heard a lot of good things I may have been more of a prude about it and sneered as I watched.

Edited by BigSqwert