2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
I wound up watching it on my laptop on a 6am flight to Denver. It was probably because I was so tired that I got all slap happy and laughed throughout most of it. I couldn't imagine watching it again though.

And of course expectations play a big part in the movie going experience. I popped it in with zero expectations. Had I heard a lot of good things I may have been more of a prude about it and sneered as I watched.

I definitely had high expectations, but I was in a great mood. It was the day I moved into my apartment for Senior year of college, all giddy and looking forward to a great year. It still disappointed.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i almost walked out on Magnolia. The funny thing is that i really like that movie now, but only after i have had the leisure to watch it at my own pace and skip through some of the overly drawn out scenes. The scene where john c reilly investigates the apartment and ends up having coffee with that f***ed up blonde cokehead, i just wanted to scratch out my eyeballs.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:28 AM)
I know he is not for everyone... but i just finished off watching every film woody allen has either wrote or directed. I even watched ''zelig'' again last night for a poster here... leonard zelig. I was going through his filmography several day ago and realized that there were only six films combined that i have not seen. So, naturally, i wiped out what i had not seen... and now i will probably go back and watch a few of his true classics.

I am about a s big a Woody Allen fan as there is, but even I don't think I could watch them all in a short timespan without getting agitated.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Seriously? I'm not even a horror fan, and I enjoyed that. I've only ever walked out of, I believe, two movies in my life. I reserve that for the very worst dreck out there.

Me neither but i thought it was terrible, walked out about an hour in, and i walk out of bad films every now and then

These are the ones i can think of that i walked out on

Battle LA

Inception

Nothing Like The Holidays

Clash of The Titans, A Former Friend dragged me to this and i wanted to walk out but i just ended up texting in the back row until it was over

QUOTE (Teech @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Me neither but i thought it was terrible, walked out about an hour in, and i walk out of bad films every now and then

These are the ones i can think of that i walked out on

Battle LA

Inception

Nothing Like The Holidays

Clash of The Titans, A Former Friend dragged me to this and i wanted to walk out but i just ended up texting in the back row until it was over

*prepares for an all out assault in this thread*

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
*prepares for an all out assault in this thread*

Well that's just kind of a bizarre one to walk out on. The praise was a little much, but it'd be pretty hard to argue that it was a bad movie.

Although to be fair my wife's uncle walked out on it as well, but he had no idea what it was going in.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
Yes, I do. I just can't stand his voice or the inflection, and it's magnified a thousand times intentionally for those commercials.

Yeah I love him in Grandma's Boy but those commercials are just bad. I really wonder about those guys in Sandler's Happy Madison camp, they have really fallen off lately. They have to look at these film and know they SUCK really bad.

Edited by MEANS